Today I Hate...

And of course, the counterpart thread.

Don't think anything is too minor to hate, vent it out. Just because the world is on fire and the end is in sight it doesn't mean you can't be irked that a gig you wanted to go to has been cancelled or something like that. I should be coming back from a 4 day Wrestlemania trip with my friend today but instead I'm watching my PayPal account waiting for the eventual refund instead. At least I'm somewhat grateful they outright cancelled it, as my football season ticket money still gets taken despite the fact there hasn't been a home game yet.

I hate that Coronavirus has left me with invoices 4 weeks late and this shit show of a government denied me UC or business support because I have a "cashflow problem" as opposed to a wage problem.  Been a ltd company 6 months and don't qualify for the grant.  I'm grand, but why on earth do you pay your taxes if you can't get a hand when you need it?

General lack of gigs, football and boxing fries my head.  Belfast hardcore isn't great though - have Hornets and a few slam bands.

Fuck it, let's keep it positive though.

Edited by SørenKierkegaard

3 things -

1.Not gigging or practicing with my band brothers (not just today's hate of course! Unfortunately ongoing)

2. Attempting to fight off the alcohol inducing temptations of the joy that is homeschooling 😳 (but luckily its Easter hols at the mo!) and

3. people actually having the gall of wanting us all to clap for Bozza tonight!! (and I'm not meaning that its anything to do with him being ill, I'm not opening that can of worms!) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ragnarocker said:

3. people actually having the gall of wanting us all to clap for Bozza tonight!! (and I'm not meaning that its anything to do with him being ill, I'm not opening that can of worms!) 

Bozza can suck my plums.

• Like 1

Not really hating on much at the moment, perhaps surprisingly. Pretty zen about the pandemic of it all.

What I’m absolutely not zen about is all the 5G conspiracy nutcasery that’s flying around. “People” in general are certainly seeming to get more stupid, and less discerning as the years roll by. I’m not even just talking about the “5G caused coronavirus” thread which is patently ludicrous. That’s only come about because there was already a mindnumbingly unscientific groundswell of anti 5G sentiment all over the internets ready to attribute all of the world’s problems to radiowaves. 

• Like 1

I think what annoys me the most about 5G the most is it's essentially marketing gumph, and the telcoms company a friend works for has had to sink $1bn into just so their competitors don't have a leg up over them (they're pretty small in the grand scheme of things, but big enough to be a player). You don't need to make up the world's most stupid conspiracies to find it tedious, but here we are.

Image may contain: text

Alternative version of the poster I saw on Chi's wall the other day. South Wales' dumbest people all in one place. Twammers.

1 hour ago, JayX said:

I think what annoys me the most about 5G the most is it's essentially marketing gumph, and the telcoms company a friend works for has had to sink $1bn into just so their competitors don't have a leg up over them (they're pretty small in the grand scheme of things, but big enough to be a player). You don't need to make up the world's most stupid conspiracies to find it tedious, but here we are.

Image may contain: text

Alternative version of the poster I saw on Chi's wall the other day. South Wales' dumbest people all in one place. Twammers.

Fuck me dead...

6 hours ago, MonkDave666 said:

Man, that is a thing of absolute beauty! Were they also against 4G? What about 3G? H? No signal? #anarchy

They were indeed against all those things. In fewer numbers, but still. Unsurprisingly, “Where’s all this fucking cancer then?” doesn’t phase them. 

Not seeing my parents or nan for 3 weeks now. Not so bad with my parents because I can video chat with them but my nan doesn't understand all that. She lives alone but I've been going there once a week, virtually every week since I was 14. Ringing her every day and she seems okay, it's just hard and even though it's the right thing to do, it's difficult not to feel guilty. 

I know other people are in the same boat. But today it's bothered me a lot. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, LukeOram said:

It's too warm.

Agreed.

My thing: 3rd credit card cloned and used in the space of 2 months. I don't use my card anywhere weird and I try to use Apple Pay as much as possible as it obfuscates the number on use, so this is a real pain in the butt. Then having paranoia that the phone call I got about it was a part of the scam too, so I hung up on them.

4 minutes ago, JayX said:

Agreed.

My thing: 3rd credit card cloned and used in the space of 2 months. I don't use my card anywhere weird and I try to use Apple Pay as much as possible as it obfuscates the number on use, so this is a real pain in the butt. Then having paranoia that the phone call I got about it was a part of the scam too, so I hung up on them.

URGH nightmarish

• 6 months later...