• Kelci Saffery
    • Erik Cowie

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we all know who the real Tiger King is, guys.

Better Call Saul is the best thing around atm. This season especially is better than Breaking Bad even. Bob Odenkirk is absolutely killing it. He's phenomenal.

Innit. That dry ski slope is especially shit.

Posted Images

On 4/17/2020 at 1:12 AM, Chi said:

Better Call Saul is the best thing around atm. This season especially is better than Breaking Bad even. Bob Odenkirk is absolutely killing it. He's phenomenal.

Just started this last night. Finished Breaking Bad a couple of weeks ago, struggled to keep going with that a little even though it was enjoyable, a bit slow at times and started taking bets with the wife to how long in to the episode WW would get pissed off with someone. 

4 hours ago, Rae said:

The last episode of Better Call Saul was superb. So excited for next series. 

I ploughed my way through 4 on the weekend and now I'm creeping through 5. I do love it.

I rewatched all of Tim Robinson's stuff on Netflix last night with Phil as he'd never seen any, and I would most highly recommend that to anyone who hasn't seen it. If you look for "The Characters" just watching the Tim Robinson episode. Then watch all 6 episodes of I Think You Should Leave. He's a truly great sketch comic. I'd say it's on a par with Limmy's Show, and if Netflix don't commission more episodes, I'm gonna...write them an angry letter. 

ITYSL came out at a really, really dark and bad time for me and it was able to make me just forget life for about 15 minutes at a time and just laugh. It was so needed. Yeah I've not bothered watching The Characters outside of his episode, I hear the rest are pretty bunk. Robinson was underused on SNL, but man the Z-Shirt sketch on the episode that Kevin Hart hosted was amazing, but you kinda have to watch the whole episode to fully get it, just watching the sketch on YouTube isn't right. 

Middleditch and Schwartz came out yesterday and is as funny as I was hoping, I've done 2 episodes and will do the 3rd tonight. Both those guys and long form improv ain't going to be to everyone's taste, but if it is it's pretty much a must watch.

e: can't believe I didn't attach this

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MonkDave666 said:

Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last night - loved it, it's by far his best film. I definitely don't get why people say nothing happens. Great ending too!

I dunno about it being his best film, but I’m glad you liked it! 

On 4/27/2020 at 7:50 AM, MonkDave666 said:

Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last night - loved it, it's by far his best film.

I mean, that's a bold statement. For me it goes:

1. Reservoir Dogs

2. Pulp Fiction

3. Kill Bill 1&2

4. Jackie Brown

5. Inglourious Basterds

Then maybe Hollywood at number 6.

I could do without Django, Deathproof and Hateful 8 tbh. 

Dogs and Pulp Fiction are the top two for me as well. Less to do with the filmmaking quality, but just came out at the right time for a kid getting into better/more adult movies. I remember reading Reservoir Dogs script that I downloaded from a BBS before I got to see it, the only time I've ever done that. 

• Like 1

I've still yet to watch Reservoir Dogs/Jackie Brown/Hateful 8.

I loved Deathproof. But I understand that puts me in the minority. I thought it was fun. 

Once upon a time in Hollywood is fantastic though. So much to love about it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Rae said:

I've still yet to watch Reservoir Dogs/Jackie Brown/Hateful 8.

I loved Deathproof. But I understand that puts me in the minority. I thought it was fun. 

Once upon a time in Hollywood is fantastic though. So much to love about it.

Deathproof is a really fun movie, but just not as perfect as the others. Reservoir Dogs is in my top 5 movies of all time. It's absolutely perfect. There's nothing I would change about it. It's fun, brutal, kitsch, engaging, the performances are incredible, possibly best soundtrack ever. I just love it.

I watched this video on the weekend:

And promptly used it as an excuse to watch some things from his list I hadn't seen. So that was The Vanishing (the 1988 original, I have the 93 remake too but it sounds thoroughly shite even though it was done by the same director) and Audition which I've been meaning to watch for close to 20 years. I also mixed that up with Visitor Q with regards to what I thought might be a spoiler, but nope. Weird film, typical Miike. Thought both were **** efforts, didn't find either scary though but that's not a surprise. 

2 minutes ago, JayX said:

I watched this video on the weekend:

And promptly used it as an excuse to watch some things from his list I hadn't seen. So that was The Vanishing (the 1988 original, I have the 93 remake too but it sounds thoroughly shite even though it was done by the same director) and Audition which I've been meaning to watch for close to 20 years. I also mixed that up with Visitor Q with regards to what I thought might be a spoiler, but nope. Weird film, typical Miike. Thought both were **** efforts, didn't find either scary though but that's not a surprise. 

Happy to see The Witch on the video. I love/hate that film. Love it for how good it is, hate it for how stressful I find watching it. And that fucking goat. 

Yeah, VVitch was excellent. Really pleased me that it completely stuck the landing (same with Hereditary, which I also loved). Nothing worse than getting 90% through something and digging it just for it to fall apart in the final minutes.

11 minutes ago, Yo_gav666 said:

Not sure if I saw the Directors Cut bit I thought it was brilliant. Probably better than Heriditery 

The longest extra scene is they do a thing at a river where they act like they're going to throw a child in to sacrifice, but they don't as it's part of the story that he's 

5 minutes ago, Rae said:

I did. I hated it less. More weird than scary. 

Yeah definitely, I saw some people say it wasn't what they were expecting but for me it was pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.

Got up to date with Bosch last night. Good season, and I just find the whole thing very relaxing for some reason lol. Anyone watched Mr Mercedes yet? Looking at "grabbing" that one, as it's not on Netflix or Amazon. Got a big pile of stuff in both my Amazon and Netflix to watch list to get to, mainly documentaries, "Circus of Books" looks good.

Oh, I did see Color Out of Space recently, which I actually really liked. Wish I'd seen it in the cinema, as it looks super cool with all the colours and shit.