What are we looking forward to when this is over?

Like the title say really, what are we looking forward to when lockdown ends and we can go about daily life? Can be anything from actually being able to see loved ones and friends, working properly again to something trite like just being able to go out and grab a coffee. Most of my plans involve food.

• Like 1

I can’t wait to go back to work - I’m really lucky that I love what I do, and all the people I work with. 

my partner also had a baby a few days before this all really kicked off, so none of our family have met him yet, so we’re looking forward to he able to take him out properly and show him off.

• Like 1

Getting my bands next album out, been slow going since last year (due to individual band member commitments), get the ball rolling and then this all kicked off. So that, that and long cycles, lots of headspace long cycles in to the wilderness. 

• Like 2

This all hit right in the middle of me having an insane amount of things to do... had friends over from back home and luckily they came and went before it hit, but I was supposed to go to Tampa for 4 days for WrestleMania and a bunch of other things with one of my best friends which got cancelled, I haven't seen Inter Miami kick a football yet despite having paid up like $300 to them (they still keep taking my money, thanks lads) and the hockey season got upended too, and I was going to see Adam Sandler with my inlaws. So a bunch of things got 'postponed' (read: no refunds) but at least some will be rebooked.

In a more 'hopefully back to normal by then' thing, I finally bought tickets to go to Fest this year and the lineup has a bunch of bands I really want to see, most of them are bands I loved when I saw them but never got to see again (Hot Water Music, Strike Anywhere, Modern Life is War, Good Riddance again, Samiam for the first time etc). That should be a blast. 

• Like 2

Ah man, seeing Strike Anywnere and Good Riddance over the same weekend will be awesome. Last time I saw Good Riddance they opened for Pennywise at the Hollywood Palladium when I was in LA for work in 2016, and they were the band of the night for sure. Jealous. I am literally looking forward to just getting a CBD slushie from The Greenery in Cardiff Market 😄

• Like 1

Only time I saw Good Riddance was at that Deconstruction gig in London in 2000 and they were fantastic, so psyched to see them on the bill. Plenty of time to catchup on the smaller bands I don't know at the moment. I will be truly gutted if normality isn't back by then, or knowing my luck a new wave will hit just before hand.

I’ve actually started to jot things down on my magnetic monthly whiteboard pen fridge calendar (grown up tingz). It has just said FUCK ALL in the middle of it since April started so I thought this would be more productive. Candid list:

-Wild swimming

-Finish HAAST album (literally had one vocal recording session left)

-Loads of outdoor lead climbing

-Eat an obscenely expensive dinner somewhere

-Long holiday in Italy

-Motorbike trip to Ireland

-Al fresco banging

-Camp and climbing trip to Oxwich Bay

-Host a BBQ

That’s all I’ve got for now. Nice to have things to look forward to as a way of staying sane.

• Like 1

Mine consist of:

Seeing family and pals. Hopefully trying to arrange something will be easier than it has been in the past. At least until the novelty wears off. 

Going to the beach, up a mountain or a walk anywhere that is further than a mile from my house.

Training again. I miss it. Not to the extent where I am doing solo drills at home but it's a fun outlet for me and I had planned on competing more this year. Given how close contact a sport it is that's going to be a while off I think. 

19 hours ago, JayX said:

Only time I saw Good Riddance was at that Deconstruction gig in London in 2000 and they were fantastic, so psyched to see them on the bill. Plenty of time to catchup on the smaller bands I don't know at the moment. I will be truly gutted if normality isn't back by then, or knowing my luck a new wave will hit just before hand.

I think I've only seen Good Riddance once - Reading festival 1999.  I feel like they don't get mentioned that much but every single record is really good.  Love them.

2 minutes ago, Matt Cheap said:

I think I've only seen Good Riddance once - Reading festival 1999.  I feel like they don't get mentioned that much but every single record is really good.  Love them.

Face To Face are still fully "on fleek" too. Their last proper album Protection was killer, and we saw them open for The Bronx in Bristol a year and a half ago, and they were absolutely flawless.

Just now, MonkDave666 said:

Face To Face are still fully "on fleek" too. Their last proper album Protection was killer, and we saw them open for The Bronx in Bristol a year and a half ago, and they were absolutely flawless.

Protection is full of bangers, I love that record.

7 minutes ago, MonkDave666 said:

You’ve definitely mellowed with age - you used to hate Face To Face for jumping labels! 

Adore Face to Face, one of my favourite live bands for sure. Caught them again a few years ago in a venue that was hot as hades as they were still amazing, something came up last year when I was supposed to go see them with Lagwagon and H2O locally (but it turned out I got the wrong date anyway, so should've still been able to go, dammit).

• Like 1

Literally anything outdoors. I miss castles and beaches and forests. Also I will definitely be booking a holiday somewhere hot and cultural. 

And just hanging out with mates! Me and Kate and a few others have matching “healing vibes” tattoos and we usually spend lots of time together. I miss them all so much!