Introduce Yourself

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The site was completely started from scratch, so even if you had an old account you'll have to reregister!  I'm Jay. I started this nonsense back in 2002 then shut it down in 2012 or so as it was

Hey hey, it's ya boi. I joined the massive back in 2005 and I ended up making friends with most of the people I had flame wars with. My band, Spider Kitten are still going, about to put out our 31st (

Hey all, and welcome back SWM! I used to (not that frequently) post on here back then, mostly band stuff, stayed away from the politics haha! Used to play in Taint (bass) and for the oldies

Hiya,

I'm Gareth. Can't remember my previous username but i barely posted anyway, was a long time lurker to see what was going on the the scene after i moved from Cardiff to London. And to check out all the nostalgic stuff from when i lived there. Always end up back in the SWM video archive.

Got into Punk/Hardcore/Ska after moving to Cardiff for Uni in 97, moved to London for work in 03, moved to New York in 2019. Pretty much been going to shows the entire time which was pretty easy when I was spoilt for choice in London. 

I still have my old Fractures, miss drinking in The Angel Tavern on a Thursday(?) and mourn the loss of TJ's. Good times.

• 4 months later...

So glad to see this back! Feel 15 years younger already. Better than Botox.

Drummed for Shaped by Fate. Did a stint with Burning Skies and a super short one with Ad7 (whilst Ben was travelling). All super fun times.

Now a GP in the Valleys. Married with 2 kids.

Oh and.....

COVID fuckin sux!!! (That's my official medical opinion)

• Like 2
On 1/17/2021 at 11:56 AM, Weeksy said:

Drummed for Shaped by Fate. Did a stint with Burning Skies and a super short one with Ad7 (whilst Ben was travelling). All super fun times.

Oh and.....

Don’t get too excited mate, no one posts here, in fact you are close to be the second most prolific poster on here!

• 2 weeks later...

On se revoit, SWM.

I’m not sure if you will all remember me from back in the day, but here I am. I wasn’t the most talkative or savvy back then, but don’t hold that against me. 

I went into a musical wormhole earlier on whilst suffering in bed with the virus, got browsing through a few of the old South Wales favourites, and then found my way back to this nostalgic paradise. 

P.S. as horrifying as it still is, it wouldn’t have felt right if Salts Banan hadn’t made at least one appearance on SWM redux.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning All,

I was just wondering what ever happend to SWM and did a quick Google. Surprised to see it start back up again.

Can't remember what my username was on the old site but I stopped paying attention to the forum after 2006. 

I was mainly a lurker, after gig postings more than anything. 

I do remember meetings a lot of SWM-ers at gigs. I also remember a lot of fights with SWM-ers at gigs. (Ahh to be a teenager again) 

Fortunately, an adult now. Back in Cardiff since 2016 after dossing about. Miss live music and apart from trying to keep up with the delights of US hardcore, am very removed from any music scene. So hence my purpose here.

I hope that it's a bit less intense compared to the heady days of the 2000s here.

Edited by Realposhnosh
Spelling
On 1/17/2021 at 11:56 AM, Weeksy said:

Oh and.....

Wouldn't happen to remember a Ross Moore, would you? 

Used to hang around you Shaped by Fate lot. Joined the Army around 2007.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, stillagoth said:

Haha, you’ve swapped one false god for another pal - Praise Be To Papa Nurgle!

I have a deathguard kill team, they made people feel bad about the game and themselves the last time I used them.  I've about 9k of dark angles so have slowed down on them, just 3d printing the occasional proxy. I've been loving necromunda since it came back out, got a large goliath gang and a few other gangs for mates to use etc. 

I'll probably build up the rest of the nurgle stuff I have lying around and use them as a second army, same with necrons. 

Let's grab a game when we're allowed! 

• 1 month later...

Nicky here, lurked around lots of pop/punk bands in and around Cardiff before doing The Shortcuts for a few years and haven't gigged in ten years. 

Used to antagonise people on here mostly with my love of both Agnostic Front and Busted at the same time.

Used to get confused for that Nicky from Gunrack? who got a lot of flack for turfing an immigrant family out of their house in Llanrumney, due to the first name, so spent many an hour replying to DMs going "Nah, it's not me"

Now 17 years deep into a career in IT.

Just bought a house in Swansea and currently doing up one wall in the bathroom with old flyers from way back when.

Still listen to Shootin Goon and Douglas on the regular!

On 5/4/2021 at 8:36 AM, nicky said:

Still listen to Shootin Goon and Douglas on the regular!

Still mad a girl stole my Shootin Goon demo with the original vocalist from me back in like... 2001.

• 2 years later...

What is the most outrageous and mind-boggling event or incident that you have personally experienced or witnessed since joining this forum, and how did it impact your perspective on life?

Slightly off topic :)

It so happened that my sister found an interesting man here, and recently got married ^_^
(Admin, don't troll!!!)

Is there are handsome people here! ;) I'm Maria, 27 years old.
I work as a model, successfull - I hope you do too! Although, if you are very good in bed, then you are out of the queue!)))
Like me here plz: http://everydating.org/profile/Lolitachash/ (if wife is around, don't click! :D)
By the way, there was no sex for a long time, it is very difficult to find a decent one...

And no! I am not a prostitute! I prefer harmonious, warm and reliable relationships. I cook deliciously and not only ;) I have a degree in marketing.

My photo:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/zhMSQpj/5489819-2-3.jpg[/img]

___
[i]Added[/i]

The photo is broken, sorry(((
My profile on dating app: http://everydating.org/profile/Lolitachash/
Or write to me in telegram @Lolitachash_best ( start chat with your photo!!!)

Has Wales changed much?" - With the rise of fantasy football and streaming movies, has Wales been influenced by these modern trends, or does it remain rooted in its traditional culture and values?

Slightly off topic :)

It so happened that my sister found an interesting man here, and recently got married ^_^
(Admin, don't troll!!!)

Is there are handsome people here! ;) I'm Maria, 28 years old.
I work as a model, successfull - I hope you do too! Although, if you are very good in bed, then you are out of the queue!)))
Like me here plz: http://everydating.org/profile/Lolitachash/ (if wife is around, don't click! :D)
By the way, there was no sex for a long time, it is very difficult to find a decent one...

And no! I am not a prostitute! I prefer harmonious, warm and reliable relationships. I cook deliciously and not only ;) I have a degree in marketing.

My photo:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/zhMSQpj/5489819-2-3.jpg[/img]

___
[i]Added[/i]

The photo is broken, sorry(((
My profile on dating app: http://everydating.org/profile/Lolitachash/
Or write to me in telegram @Lolitachash_best ( start chat with your photo!!!)

• 4 months later...