Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Scuba Diving

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm making a thread in Awesome Sports and you can't stop me.

So I did my first dive on holiday recently, I wouldn't have done it before as although it looks cool I don't really have an adventurous bone in my body. But Carol has 150+ dives to her name and has her Advanced Open Water and a spare dive on her block booking in Mexico, so I did some classroom and a few sessions in the pool before heading to the cenotes.

Not my video but this is the place, I think it's a pretty sweet venue for a first dive -

So, now I have something like four more dives to do in a year to get my basic cert. I'm glad I did the cenotes first, as I'm down with the general internet catchphrase of 'FUCK THE OCEAN', but I'll get there. I have trouble equalising properly because of my inner ear bullshit but I'm seeing if I can get some vertigo meds for dive days to make that easier. It kinda sucks having to equalise every metre or so or PRESSURE ARGH THE PRESSURE, and I was a bit screwy for a day or so after but hey. It was a cool experience and I'd like to do it again.

Posted

This looks pretty awesome. It's something I'd love to do, but I need to get over my fear of things that live in the ocean first.

Posted

We couldn't get this guy in a canoe 12 months ago and now he is Jacques fucking Cousteau.