Posted

What the fuck.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20779665

Posted

WHAT???????? Cannot comprehend at all, thats nuts

Posted

Genuine shocker when I heard it on the Radio. :(

Posted

There's really no coming back from this, is there? It's not like he's "been arrested on suspicion of..." - he's been charged. And it looks like they swooped on him out of the blue, his last Twitter posts were on Saturday night regarding watching Twilight on TV; didn't look like he knew what was going to happen at that point. I do feel bad for Mike Lewis - from my experiences with him in the past an always genuinely nice guy - his band is now fucked, their careers are over. And the ex-members will always be "tarred with the paedo brush" now. Not a good look for anyone. It's hard to say "shocked", I have seen some insane stuff on the internet regarding Ian, but it's always been quickly pulled and if anyone ever tried to post anything on here it'd be taken down immediately. When I say "insane" I don't mean illegal, but just bonkers in that "looking for the next crazy sex high" kind of way.

Posted

In a perverse way I hope it's a correct allegation otherwise (as above) he'll be tarred for life and completely shot even if it's not true.
Grim

Posted

There's really no coming back from this, is there? It's not like he's "been arrested on suspicion of..." - he's been charged. And it looks like they swooped on him out of the blue, his last Twitter posts were on Saturday night regarding watching Twilight on TV; didn't look like he knew what was going to happen at that point. I do feel bad for Mike Lewis - from my experiences with him in the past an always genuinely nice guy - his band is now fucked, their careers are over. And the ex-members will always be "tarred with the paedo brush" now. Not a good look for anyone. It's hard to say "shocked", I have seen some insane stuff on the internet regarding Ian, but it's always been quickly pulled and if anyone ever tried to post anything on here it'd be taken down immediately. When I say "insane" I don't mean illegal, but just bonkers in that "looking for the next crazy sex high" kind of way.

Absolutely the impression I got from what certain friends of mine have told me about his antics. The stories kept getting worse and worse to the point where you thought "Either these are made up lies or one day he will sink to noncery/bestiality/necrophilia."

Gutted for Mike.

Posted

[attachment=10648:lp.jpg]

Posted

In a naive way, I thought this was a simple case of 'underage groupie goes with rockstar' shocker. But shit, 13 is sickeningly young and as you said, there are charges not suspicions. From the point of view of mainstream music, the rest of the band are up shit creek, but the HC and punk community are a bit more logical with approaching this type of stuff. Look at what happened with Buddha and Blood For Blood, there is a quiet acceptance that the band will play without him and people are still willing to go and see them

Posted

In a naive way, I thought this was a simple case of 'underage groupie goes with rockstar' shocker. But shit, 13 is sickeningly young and as you said, there are charges not suspicions. From the point of view of mainstream music, the rest of the band are up shit creek, but the HC and punk community are a bit more logical with approaching this type of stuff. Look at what happened with Buddha and Blood For Blood, there is a quiet acceptance that the band will play without him and people are still willing to go and see them

They can't make a living from going back to hardcore bands though can they? And how many of them other than Mike and Watkins had anything to do with hardcore anyway?

This is so fucked.

Posted

I swear to god these things happen every few years just so we all have something to talk about on SWM over Christmas.

Posted

On the bright side for him, he looks great for 35.

Posted

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Woah - someone commented on Ian Watkins' Facebook Page on 25th November - "[color=#333333]think you may be shutting this page down when certain things reach court. Friendly warning." - best following comment from today regarding that post - "He's a Looper!"[/color][/font][/size]

Posted (edited)

I mean, FUCK.

it's just unbelievable. my flabber is ghasted. Edited by cjm

Posted

I swear to god these things happen every few years just so we all have something to talk about on SWM over Christmas.

It's like Santas come early for you !

Posted

To be honest I've seen enough of Santa coming these past few days to last me a lifetime. I'm keeping a low profile on this one until we hear what the court has to say. Not because I'm a friend or a fan, but because the internet actually scares me nowadays - one wrong taking the piss tweet or comment and next thing you know you're in the slammer yourself.

Posted

damn man
it was just this week that I read that the guitarist from LP (that isn't Mike) produced the last Brutal Attack record which I thought was a bit questionable.

Posted

damn man
it was just this week that I read that the guitarist from LP (that isn't Mike) produced the last Brutal Attack record which I thought was a bit questionable.

Shit man, I thought you were having a festival of the lols there for a minute! Then I went on YouTube. Wow. Just WOW! That's not just questionable, that's totally fucked... People just don't give a fuck do they? About anything, I mean.

Posted

Twitter is bonkers. Like, insane.

[attachment=10649:Watkins2.jpg][attachment=10650:Watkins1.jpg]

Posted

damn man

Shit man, I thought you were having a festival of the lols there for a minute! Then I went on YouTube. Wow. Just WOW! That's not just questionable, that's totally fucked... People just don't give a fuck do they? About anything, I mean.

awful band full of arseholes in being arseholes shocker.

Posted

damn man

awful band full of arseholes in being arseholes shocker.

You didn't audition for them or something ? I'm sensing a lot of bile here.

Posted

Chi was their original singer. How did you not know that?

Posted

damn man

The Nazi Brutal Attack??

Posted

yep

Posted

Twitter is bonkers. Like, insane.

[attachment=10649:Watkins2.jpg][attachment=10650:Watkins1.jpg]

that's fairly par for the course for kids these days - scary stuff really.