Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Space Marine

25 posts in this topic

Posted

It's safe to say that I'm quite excited by this.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHKIFDjk9I[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdCBO0mzF1Q[/media]

I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow and can't wait for this to come out. Some have dubbed it 'gears of warhammer' but those who have played claim it to be significantly better.

Posted

Holy Jebus, that looks amazing. Is it on Xbox 360 too? Bovine will scorch his shorts when he sees that.

Posted

Yeah, multi-platform.

Posted

I may try to get it second hand after some nerdo completes it after 20 hours. It's quite likely I'd only play it once or twice and then forget I own it as I don't have too much time for computer games, but I would enjoy those couple of plays I'm sure.

Posted

This looks like a lot of fun. Will give it a go at some point.

Posted

That looks awesome, especially seeing as Warhammer games have tended to suck in the past.

Posted

I've always been amazed that Games Workshop shop in town has been there, what, 20+ years? Are there really that many kids on the planet that want to sit in a miserable shop all day with potential paedos painting their lego Orcs, or whatever the fuck it is they do? There so many other things to do in life!

Posted

I've always been amazed that Games Workshop shop in town has been there, what, 20+ years? Are there really that many kids on the planet that want to sit in a miserable shop all day with potential paedos painting their lego Orcs, or whatever the fuck it is they do? There so many other things to do in life!

I've always been a bit embarrassed by my fascination with all things 40k. I haven't played the tabletop games for probably 15 years but i used to love it. In the technocentric age we live in I'm pleased that it's still as popular as ever.

Posted

I've always been a bit embarrassed by my fascination with all things 40k. I haven't played the tabletop games for probably 15 years but i used to love it. In the technocentric age we live in I'm pleased that it's still as popular as ever.

I'm just suprised anybody can actually afford to play it!

Posted

While this does look cool (although slightly cartoony and bright as opposed to grim and dark), as ever I prefer slightly quieter, more measured games, than these insane blastfests that are popular now, and am also hindered by the fact that I have nothing to play it on.

Posted

There so many other things to do in life!

Like covering the inside of your house in foil while listening to Bad Religion?

Posted (edited)

While this does look cool (although slightly cartoony and bright as opposed to grim and dark), as ever I prefer slightly quieter, more measured games, than these insane blastfests that are popular now, and am also hindered by the fact that I have nothing to play it on.

Maybe in this game they are invading the planet Blisstonia? Known for it's high levels of bliss. Edited by hail of bullets

Posted

Maybe in this game they are invading the planet Blisstonia? Known for it's high levels of bliss.

nice simpsons referernce +1

Posted

Very much looking forward to this game. Im gonna stop following game developments tho as time and time again seeing that release date get pushed forward sucks,

Dark Millennium :(

Posted

The demo is out now. Played through it a few times and it's pretty damned good. Plenty of enemies to stop your weapons getting cold and the jump pack is awesome.

Posted

They definately captured the feel of how powerful a Space Marine is :) Absolutely loving the demo and I cant wait for this to get out next week :D

Posted

The release is as buggy as hell with some major multiplayer issues. I'd leave it a while for patches to come out before buying.

Posted

Finished and loved it :)

Problem is I want the sequel now :(

Posted

I haven't had much time to play but I'm loving the campaign.

Posted

How long would you say the campaign would take to do?

Posted

7-10 Hours depending on difficulty and how well you handle 3rd person slasher/shooters :)

Im liking the multiplayer quite a bit considering its limited maps and features. Its like old school.

On STEAM too id/Withard

Posted

The patch has been released and it's fixed it up lovely.

The multiplayer is a lot of fun. It's a very basic game and it's 'first team to 41 kills' so the games are quick but it's great. There's seems to be very little you can do to cheat, no camping and no sillyness, just balls to the wall fighting. The three classes seem to balance eachother very well.

Posted

Aye!

I wanna master other stuff but im spending too much time with my basic Bolter :(

Posted

I've been using assault and devastator mainly. My kill count is higher with assault but it's very satisfying digging in with a heavy bolter and tearing strips off a whole squad of chaos as they come at you.

Posted

Anyone playing on Steam?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0