Game Of Thrones

481 posts in this topic

Posted

Did anyone catch the first episode? Haven't read any of the books but from what I read it's pretty much spot on so far. Seemed like a promising series for something I've never heard of before, some nice characters in there too :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones

Posted

My friends a huge nerd of the books and he's loving it (and was ridiculously hyped for it, so that says something). I've been looking forward but not had chance to give it a proper watch yet... I've seen the opening scene but no further. Already renewed for a 2nd season, and sounds like the people in charge have high hopes and plans for this one despite it's huge costs.

Posted

Yeah, pretty decent. I wish HBO would drop their fascination with tits and arse though. [s]Boromir[/s] Sean Bean was a dodgy cast imo but he does a decent job like. Mark Addy seems good too, nice to see him get sizable role.

Posted

Yeah, pretty decent. I wish HBO would drop their fascination with tits and arse though.

The books are apparently extreme and the ages have been bumped in the TV show for taste reasons. I can understand where you're coming from, but it's all in the source material.

Posted

The books are apparently extreme and the ages have been bumped in the TV show for taste reasons. I can understand where you're coming from, but it's all in the source material.

I haven't read it so I'll take your word for it. That blonde girl looked about 14.

Posted

I believe in the books she's 13, in the show she's 16.

Posted

I haven't read it so I'll take your word for it. That blonde girl looked about 14.

I thought Emilia looked a little young in the show, but she is roughly my age so it's all good :wub:
Unexpected ending to the first episode, as mentioned I haven't followed the books so don't know really know what to be expecting but it certainly wasn't the queen's brother giving her some! Now I'm just wondering if that little climber dude will survive his fall (prob).

Posted

After the last few posts, this is definitely going on my "to watch" list. I wasn't interested before.

Posted

More like 'Lame Of Moans'.

Dull as ditch water.

Posted

It's awesome. I watched the first episode twice in a row the other night, and I can't remember another show that's made me want to do that recently. I also love that Peter Manion from The Thick Of It is advisor to the Targaryens.

Posted

PS. Martin Bowen preferred the books.

Posted

Tittastic!!!!

Posted

Looking forward to this after watching the making of/ hype builder ten minute documentary + loads of posi feedback. I think I'll download it tonight.

Posted

Episode 2 was rather nice too, slowly building up/things making more sense now (coming from someone who has no idea about the books/previous info on this series)

Posted

Dire Wolves are so cool.

Posted

Up to episode 3 as haven't had time to watch much this week, still really enjoying it.

My friend says based on it's pacing so far, it'll start to kick off properly after the next few episodes. Looking forward to that, it sounds like it's the ~5 episode introduction The Wire gave us before getting to the good shit.

Posted

3 episodes in. This is literally the best thing ever. I want a Dire Wolf for Christmas.

Posted

I only caught the first two and then missed out on ep 3 being on sky anytime. I'll have to try and grab it from somewhere.

Posted

Haha Luke, I told you you'd fuckin love it didn't I! Did we talk about this on Saturday by any chance? That's a conversation that's never going to come back to me based on the fact I still don't remember you turning up!

Episode 5 is on hold at the moment as my amp blew on Saturday night and waiting for a replacement to turn up in the mail. I'm not watching it through laptop speakers.

Posted

Nah. Our conversation on Saturday involved you calling me a wanker 10 times, falling over twice then getting put to bed. Short, informative and sweet.

Posted

Ouch! Apologies my man. I hope the wanker calling was in jest, probably made sense to my twisted head at the time. Goddamned Jagermeister.

Posted

YES! HERE WE GO!

Posted

Finally got around to seeing ep1, very excellent. Hopefully will catch up today with the rest, so many cool parts. That helmet the kings guard had was splendid, plus the sword holder sean bean's people used at the begining was also very splendid.

Posted

I am on ep 3, enjoying it thus far, if a little hammy in places.

Posted

watched up to 5. tidy like.

better than fucking 'Unstoppable' :dry:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.