Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DEFINITIVE SCIENTOLOGY THREAD

165 posts in this topic

Posted

Been catching up on a lot of uploaded material lately, and now I have discovered how to link a video direct I figured I'd put the most interesting stuff up in one thread that I can update and add to whenever appropriate.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNUjMz9-W2I[/media]
Jason Beghe full two hour interview. Brilliant.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFDl6GA1DI0&feature=related[/media]
Jason Beghe speaks in Germany.

Oh, SWM only lets you post two "media files" per post?

Lots more video's can be found at XenuTV's YouTube page : .

Posted

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUbdAw9V4Y[/media]
What if Scientology told the truth? This is actually fantastic.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0&feature=related[/media]
The internal Scientology interview with Tom Cruise you weren't supposed to see. When he says that "he knows", he's talking about Xenu and "clearing the planet." 4.25 million views says it all really.

Posted

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0WetfWy3hE[/media]
Today Tonight (Australia) exposes Xenu.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8eTe_Ank8&feature=channel_page[/media]
Scientology and the Clearwater police documentary from 2000.

Posted

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqG30Hm1yZc&feature=related[/media]
CNN Report on Nancy Cartwright using Bart Simpson's voice to promote a Scientology event.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLyU3g926dM[/media]
The original Nancy Cartwright phone message. If she's an OT7 auditor, she's in fucking deep.

Posted

I'll see if I can override that limit when I get home. Heard the nancy cartright message before, proper creepy. I only saw one reaction from Fox and they didn't publicly seem to care that much :(

Posted

Dave, you should check out the Christian Propaganda Cruise ship that's currently down the bay.

You'd be all about it.

Posted

From good ol' Wiki...

"The Simpsons creator Matt Groening commented that the issue had been "blown up beyond what was intended".[75][76]

Cartwright actively supports many nonprofit organizations, including Famous Fone Friends, the Make-a-Wish Foundation, and The Way to Happiness Foundation. She is co-founder of "Happy House", a non-profit organization dedicated to building better families, and is a contributor to ASIFA-Hollywood's Animation Archive Project.[52] In September 2007, Cartwright received the Make-a-Wish Foundation's Wish Icon Award "for her tremendous dedication to the Foundation's fundraising and wish-fulfillment efforts".[77] In 2005, Cartwright created a scholarship at Fairmont High School "designed to aid Fairmont [graduates] who dream of following in her footsteps and studying speech, debate, drama or music" at Ohio University.[78] In 2005, Cartwright was given the title of Honorary Mayor of Northridge, California (a neighborhood of Los Angeles) by the Northridge Chamber of Commerce."

Well she seems like a nice enough lady to me. Giving TEN MILLION DOLLARS to your religion/clut/gang whatevz is a bit much though. Dave that anti-Scientology website you put up a link to the other day was just as weird and mind numbingly dreary as the Scientology sites themselves. Especially his replies to the 'emails from Scientologists' section... he comes across as literally The Most Boring Fucker Alive. Not having a go or anything, just saying like.

Posted

P.S - what are your crimes?

Posted

"religion/clut/gang"

Clut? Shoulda said cult. I fucking HATE this forum in IE - can't edit/quote or nothin'

Posted

The real problem here lies in the fact that none of the "good" she apparently does matters when she is actively - and publically - promoting the absurd ramblings of a 1950's science fiction writer that amounts to nothing more than a grand pyramid scheme. She's OT7, therefore she is either utterly brainwashed or knows damn fucking well what the scam is. Either way, she's been told the Xenu story yet still hasn't left. She's a fucking idiot and it's sad she also happens to be the voice of such an iconic cartoon character. It's funny that she is involved in the "Make a Wish Foundation" when Scientology's abuse of children is common knowledge.

"They told me that if I joined their group, I would get paid minimum wage (which was several hundred a week, a lot of money for a 14 year-old); that I would not have to wear a uniform like most Sea Org members; and that I would go to school and finish my education." None of these promises were honoured, she wrote. She never completed her high school education and from age 14 she was working a minimum 14-hour day, seven days a week. During one three-week period in 1995, "when I was still a minor", she and other staff had to work around the clock on a special project. In 1995 she would have been 16 or 17 years old. Although she was given the task of waking up colleagues to get them back to work, she too was struggling to stay awake, she said. "I got approximately two hours of sleep a night during this time, but many times got no sleep for two or more days."

Posted

In Lofi quote and edit should work fine.

Cartwright may be a lovely person, that's not the argument. The hatred is towards Scientology, not scientologists (for the most part).

Posted

Well no, Dave specifically pin-pointed Nancy out a few posts ago... and if you're gonna make a monster out of Scientology then at least show me a Scientologist, it so happens that the one mentioned turns out to be thoroughly decent. And if you read about the incident itself, the message was actually sent to existing Scientologists, so it's not like it was part of a grand or subversive recruitment scheme. No big deal at all, really.

I dunno, i'm indifferent to say the least about Scientology, and skeptical, or cynical about anti-Scientologists... there are far, far, far more worthy causes and injustices in the world to get virtuous over, though none obviously quite as appealing as laughing at people who pay out of their arseholes to believe some galagtic empire or whatever.

Posted

Dave, I'm just curious, and not criticising at all, but where did your general campaign against Scientology come from? Obviously, they are a bunch of shits, but you seem to have a very personal vendetta. Have you had a run-in with them in the past, or is it simply something you've picked up as a slightly obscure cause?

As I said, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I'm just wondering.

Posted

What's 'The Briggs'?

Posted

Well no, Dave specifically pin-pointed Nancy out a few posts ago... and if you're gonna make a monster out of Scientology then at least show me a Scientologist, it so happens that the one mentioned turns out to be thoroughly decent. And if you read about the incident itself, the message was actually sent to existing Scientologists, so it's not like it was part of a grand or subversive recruitment scheme. No big deal at all, really.

I dunno, i'm indifferent to say the least about Scientology, and skeptical, or cynical about anti-Scientologists... there are far, far, far more worthy causes and injustices in the world to get virtuous over, though none obviously quite as appealing as laughing at people who pay out of their arseholes to believe some galagtic empire or whatever.

The space opera stuff is just nonsense, and if it was the case that they were just a wacky cult, I don't think they'd get the criticism they do. If you look into them from a negative angle, they won't try to just discredit you but destroy your life. Anti scientologists tend to be very much obsessive because the scis will run a campaign of terrror against them. The lisa mcpherson stuff was really really awful and pretty much shows their true colours. As I said, it not the belief that is the problem (there's ex scientologists who continue the faith beyond the organisation, illegally, and get no problems from anti scis) but it's the murder, kidnappings and fraud undertaken by those in charge that's the issue. Nobody gives a fuck that Tom Cruise fears Xenu, that's not the issue.

Posted

What's 'The Briggs'?

Posted

Lol! ^^

Scientology. What a stupid idea. But then the same could be said about most religions.

Although the business model is pure genius.

Posted (edited)

Dave, I'm just curious, and not criticising at all, but where did your general campaign against Scientology come from? Obviously, they are a bunch of shits, but you seem to have a very personal vendetta. Have you had a run-in with them in the past, or is it simply something you've picked up as a slightly obscure cause?

As I said, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I'm just wondering.

Wacthing Jason Lee skate to "Real World" by Husker Du on one of the greatest skate video's of the early 1990's, then finding out years later he was a Scientologist, it cut deep. The guy was a legendary street skater, totally cool and had his head screwed on. Or that's what I thought. And to answer this, and Nick's comment - firstly, it is totally intriguing. In both a "sold as a religion but it's a story about aliens" way and in a hardcore pyramid scheme way. Pre-internet, no one really had that much of a clue (on the whole) - it was that wacky "thing" John Travlota was into, but apparently totally cool and harmless. Then the net started up, ex-Scientologists posted the OT3 and the shit hit the fan. A thousand stories came out about its human rights abuses, lies and cost. Although nicky quite rightly points out there are many, many other causes to fight / be interested in, as someone that finds all religion repulsive, Scientology is the only one which does realistically seem to be in its death throws. With a lot more pushing from Anonymous, and more and more stories coming out about family "disconnection"; the situation in Paris, etc. I honestly believe, as do many others, that it CAN be brought down. It's NOT a religion in any sense of the word (America fucked up seriously badly by giving them tax exempt religion status), it IS a cult which destroys families and I think it's important to speak out against it because too many people see the celebs involved and think it's "cool shit". Hubbard knew by targeting celebs, not only do they have the most money, they will attract the most new recruits.

Beyond the evils of it, there's so much other stuff that I just find hilarious - they've spent 10 years building a centre in Clearwater, Florida where you will be able to do your "Super Power Rundown", which will have anti-gravity chambers, etc - except work stopped on it (in 2003 says Wikipedia) and it's just sat there - probably because they realised it was absolutely impossible to do, and having super powers is absurd (and the "Super Power Rundown" is still to be released - ie. David Miscavige is still trying to think something up!) I'm amazed at the fact Hubbard recorded 3,000 lectures, that he made up an entire language (pretty much), that all the courses cost thousands of dollars yet are totally bunk, and that people STILL buy into it. It's interesting, but ever so sinister at the same time. A great combination to keep me reading if ever there was one. Edited by Ally Needy

Posted

What's 'The Briggs'?

A punk rock band from Los Angeles, on Side One Dummy Records, playing TJ's soon. The brothers in the band, Jason and Joey LaRocca are both Scientologists. Jason played at the opening of the Mission of Los Feliz (a new "church") in Los Angeles and is listed on the internet as having completed the "Hubbard Qualified Scientologist Course" - I'm not sure how much deeper they're in now though.

Religion and punk rock should never be bed fellows anyway, but Scientology and punk rock? In the words of Tommy Davis, Scientology's spokesperson, "I'm angry, REAL angry!"

Posted

Shit is going down! Mike Rinder, who used to do what Tommy Davis now does for many years left after Panorama went out on BBC, and has now just started spilling the beans along with some other ex-high ups. Someone brought up the allegations to Tommy Davis and, yet again, he loses it. Amazing. This motherfucking "church" is on the way out for sure.

Posted

Fair point about other causes, but if it's important to you, then crack on because you know your shit about it. And if you think it's close to toppling, then all the best!

Scientology is some creepy shit, that's for certain.

Posted

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Scientology_Class_V_Org_Application%2C_Declaration_and_Contract%2C_2009

Posted

Posted

I think this cult specifically works well for people who are cunts, like this douche. I mean the JW's believe that everyone except them will be murdered by Jesus any day now, but they would never be so blunt and overt about it like this guy.

Posted

Urgent Scientology news : Just played on the pub quiz game in Gassy Jacks with Rae, one of the first questions was "What does the L stand for in the name L. Ron Hubbard, creator of Scientology?" and a few questions later we got a Tom Cruise question. I'm being watched. Seriously. I think this is the early stages of their "Fair Game" policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0