Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

+++ BURMA CYCLONE | EMERGENCY BENEFIT +++

107 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by Damaged Records

Posted

We'd be honoured to help in any way. Obviously.

Posted

Facebook Event link

If you have a facebook, can you add this and spread the word about it. TA!

Posted

Terry (25) did this...

New Benefit MySpace Page

Add this and feel free to add to the old one if anyone knows the password.

Posted

pinned

Posted (edited)

Yo,

I am writing the press release for this morning to send out to all the press...

If anyone has any crucial information they think is relevant send it to me, i am particularly after:

The amount raised last year/previous years

Who or what those amounts were raised for

Suitable picture that is not a flyer to accompany it

A brief paragraph on the MSF Burma Relief fund (i know it is lazy, but i am in work and writing this while my boss isnt looking)

Any details on the stalls that will be there

Another thing, are we appealing for prizes for the raffle?

engineeringconsentpr@hotmail.com Edited by stevenpatrick

Posted

Also the html code for the flyer so i can post it on blogs/forums/myspace

Posted

This is all under control. Are you also Marcus Warner?

Posted

This is all under control. Are you also Marcus Warner?

yes.

Posted

Flyer updated with final line-up.

Posted

Awesome news! the Slowdance!!!

Posted

this is a great line up for a great cause, filthy habits were spot on when they played the punk period show.

Posted

Where can i get a poster/flyers for this to put up in my shop?

Posted

I shall pay you a visit later on today.

Posted

I could do with some flyers too as it goes. I'll be popping into Damaged tommorow if some can be there for me to pick up? Thatd be ideal.

Posted

Slight crisis - I printed off a poster original which I can go get copied today, but then my printer ran out of toner - literally no warning at all, just a silent, inkless death. So I have no flyer sheet original. Anyone got a decent laser printer and Quark so they can output a an A4 sheet for me at around 70 to 85 lpi? I'm only giving specifics like that because it makes for much better photocopying reproduction, but anything will do really. I have a 300 dpi version of the file which I can email you. Thanks.

Posted

Has anyone thought about printing t-shirts for this, as was done for a previous benefit show?

The image on the flyer would look awesome on a tee - we could ammend it slightly to make it suitable and tasteful for a tee design and more focus on the line up and the imagery.

I know loads of really good places we could get them done at a low price, maybe even cheaper as its for charity - we could ask Neil Dopamine as he prints locally.

For example, say we got 50 tees printed at around £2 a piece, sold them for £10, that's £400 right there. If we want to play it safe we could just do half that amount.

Posted

Anyone got a decent laser printer and Quark so they can output a an A4 sheet for me at around 70 to 85 lpi? I'm only giving specifics like that because it makes for much better photocopying reproduction, but anything will do really. I have a 300 dpi version of the file which I can email you. Thanks.

Dave, I can do this if I hang back at work today. Mail me the document to richeybeckett@hotmail.com

Do you live in roath area? I work on city/newport rd, I could drop it off on my way home.

Posted

Shall email you now!

Posted

Okay, apparently Alex - who claims his IP address, user name and all other user names he attempts to sign up on are BANNED on SWM (can someone look into this please, we all know how mental in the brain he is, and he wants to post) - has a laser printer so can run off everything we need. Apparently. I will keep you posted, and once I hear back from you will send through the file anyway because, like I said, we all know how mental he is. It's probably a kettle or something.

:D

Posted

Just pop into Clwb, I sent out our poster person Wednesday to do them in town, but if you want anymore, than pop to Clwb and I'll print them all out. Between now and 6 please

Posted

I shall email Alex and see if he can get in. An emergency has just come up here and I can't get out. Thanks!

Posted

Has anyone thought about printing t-shirts for this, as was done for a previous benefit show?

The image on the flyer would look awesome on a tee - we could ammend it slightly to make it suitable and tasteful for a tee design and more focus on the line up and the imagery.

I know loads of really good places we could get them done at a low price, maybe even cheaper as its for charity - we could ask Neil Dopamine as he prints locally.

For example, say we got 50 tees printed at around £2 a piece, sold them for £10, that's £400 right there. If we want to play it safe we could just do half that amount.

I did think of this cuz it's actually a half-decent design I fluked for a change that would transcribe well to the wearable format, and I have a cheap place that usually does it, BUT: I'm broke, everyone says they'll buy one and then doesn't (I still have a box of the last two gig shirts in the shop that I give away for free) and it's only a week turnaround.

In other news: thanks for the posters Chill - we really need the new version with the Slowdance on though, as they'll pull people, and they're not on the current printed ones.

Also: I have a stack of posters and handouts in the shop, so can someone please nominate themselves to come in tomorrow and take some around the book and record shops of Cardiff/South Wales? I'll be stuck in the shop all afternoon.

Here's Monk with the weather...

Posted

Whats the minimum order on the T-shirts, I am willing to donate some money, along with others in order to get them printed, if it means making more money from my donation then it has to be a good idea right?

Posted

I did think of this cuz it's actually a half-decent design I fluked for a change that would transcribe well to the wearable format, and I have a cheap place that usually does it, BUT: I'm broke, everyone says they'll buy one and then doesn't (I still have a box of the last two gig shirts in the shop that I give away for free) and it's only a week turnaround.

Yeah I hear that. It is a gamble really.. well if enough people show an interest in the tees and will actually buy them, I don't mind taking care of the printing and selling, and I'll take responsibility for the money. If anyone's interested in this, make it known, and I'll start a thread and we can work out some numbers, if not, no worries.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0