Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Benefit Needs Some Action

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, just thought I'd kick a little life into this as it appears to have gone off the boil.

Using the Welly blueprint here's where we stand:

1. Book and confirm venue and date.
24th July, Welsh Club

2. Book and confirm P.A. for date.
Included

3. Ask and confirm bands for date.

4. Work out a full backline between bands

4. Estimate all overheads and decide door price
Clwb rental free, unsure about sound monkeys, see what we can do.

5. Decide on load-in, soundcheck, door time, running order and playing times

6. Design and print flyer (including handouts AND posters).

7. Advertise (including handouts AND flyposting of all relevant populated areas).
Clwb can get A2 posters done legally

8. Contact bands, venue and P.A. approx. one week beforehand to double-check booking is sound, and to confirm load-in, soundcheck, door-time, running order and playing times.

9. Make sure all relevant duties are covered (who's on the door? etc.) and everyone knows what they are doing.

10. Don't forget to turn Up.

What charity and someone to take on the Welly/Rob role would be good.

Posted

Like I said before I'm not adverse to doing some kind of food stall selling biscuits 'n' stuff as well as making food for the bands involved.

Posted

Im up for doing ANYTHING... Is anyone taking charge of this one at all? Like Rob did with the last one, because it might be helpful to keep some kind of order?

Posted

Agreed, i'm here to help out in anyway i can.

Posted

I'll be willing to help in whatever way possible, just tell me what to do, and I will do it.

Posted

me alex and lyndsey have been talking, and if no-ones got any problems with it, then we'll take the responsibility for it, and get the orginising under way asap:) but obviously, all offers of help will be great!

Posted

OK, so who wants to do a stall selling food with me? I was thinking cakes, biscuits etc and maybe some things like pizzas sold by the slice?

Posted

I'll sort out the Clwb side of things and once you've sorted the bands, then pass on their details and I'll try to sort out soundchecks, backline, etc.

So I'll take it that 'me alex and lyndsey' will be running the show, drop me a pm any time.

Posted

I'd be willing to chuck a few posters/flyers around Newport nearer the time.

And if you wanna go quite eclectic on the line-up we'd be up for playing too. We like playing Clwb.

Posted (edited)

. Edited by J.D.

Posted

[quote=Welly,Apr 6 2005, 09:09 AM]As previously stated, F.L.W. will play if we're required, we didn't play last time, although we did the first two, I'll leave that one for the house to decide.
[right][post="75234"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

Same here, more or less. The Viva's would be well up for it again, but are obviously all for giving other bands who ain't played one a chance. If our services are required then don't hesitate to drop me line... ginge1978@yahoo.co.uk

Will be there to support anyhow, although I'm bringing my own shit paper this time. Can't rely on the Clwb on that front and that Zineophobia left 'orrible paper cuts on my hoop. ;)

[quote=steve h,Apr 5 2005, 04:58 PM]I'd be willing to chuck a few posters/flyers around Newport nearer the time.

And if you wanna go quite eclectic on the line-up we'd be up for playing too. We like playing Clwb.
[right][post="75067"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

I can do the same for the Bridgend area. Will print the posters/flyers off from here when done and distribute.

Wouldn't mind finally checking this Lone Pine bunch out too.

Posted

Me, Le & Al are having a 'real' meeting about this tonight. We've got some bands in mind (some already have been asked) and any offers are welcome :)

I think FLW should definitely play, due to new record being released etc. I think most people will feel the same?

Edit: DT has also agreed to take care of the middle floor again, DJ's etc

Posted

Oh yeah, also a benefit email address has been set up, simply to make it easier for everyone involved to have one point of contact.

southwalesbenefit@hotmail.co.uk

Posted

theres a band from bridgend called the dynnasty who would probably be interested in playing (pretty much ashes gathering dust) if you're looking for new bands to play

Posted

also www.myspace.com/dicktruth

from ponty way and good friends of us, johnny mental, 21 meadow st. who no doubt would be interested in playing it as well

Posted (edited)

. Edited by J.D.

Posted

Another raffle perhaps?

Posted

so who's playin this?

Posted

surely the forum is one point of contact, somewhere that everyone can read whats going on, thats what i tried to do with the last one.

Posted

Alright alright :P

I'm one of those people who likes the element of surprise.

However, that would be missing the point.

Posted

I'll have a crack at sorting out a decent raffle like we did at the first benefit if it's any help...

Posted (edited)

... Edited by J.D.

Posted

'Bow and computers don't mix well...

Posted

i think you dropped this... :P

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0