Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Vegan Food Stall

55 posts in this topic

Posted

At the last couple of benefits this has gone down really well and it seems a lot of people are willing to help out again this time round.

If you are serious about preparing a vegan item please make it known in this thread. Then we can make sure there aren't too much of the same thing/see what's missing etc.

Simon La Goth has volunteered to run the stall again this time round.

- I will rustle up a few tonnes of the infamous chocolate fridge cake.

Posted

I'll make more pizza - I'll make 5 of the baked bean ones this time seeing as they won't down so well last time! :P

Posted

Can make some Stuffed tomatoes with Quinoa and salsa, spiced breadcrumbed potatoes and Banana Cake.
Anything else, let me know!

Posted

Well, somebody just upped the status of this food stall!

Posted

Well, somebody just upped the status of this food stall!

It was the baked bean pizza right? ^_^

Posted

Can it not be a joint vegetarian/vegan stall?? The idea of veggie pizza with cheese on it seems rather nice.... I also do a mean roasted vegtable tart-no eggs just creme fraise and milk...

Posted

and before we know we will have someone making sausage rolls and then someone will make a spit roast and then we will have people slaughtering animals on stage and then before we can stop it people will be eating each other, THIS MADNESS STOPS HERE!

Posted

vegan cheese pizza is really easy. If you want any help in such matters hassle "Eat Out Vegan Wales"

Posted

and before we know we will have someone making sausage rolls and then someone will make a spit roast and then we will have people slaughtering animals on stage and then before we can stop it people will be eating each other, THIS MADNESS STOPS HERE!

suddenly i like you!

i can do mushroom, onion and sweetcorn salad, they make good toppings for pizzas.

Posted

I wouldn't mind vegi as well as vegan stuffs. Whilst i do love suitable for vegan things, nothing compares to real cheese on pizza.

Posted

I wouldn't mind vegi as well as vegan stuffs. Whilst i do love suitable for vegan things, nothing compares to real cheese on pizza.

Thats not really the point is it.

Posted

This arose last time, vegan seemed a good idea because it covers almost everyone, vegans, veggies (and derivitives ovo lacto etc), Meat eaters, Jews, Muslims, Christians, Atheists, maybe not the fucking Haris as they are fussy fuckers, the lactose intolerant (Disclaimer: i am not responsible for the food, please ask the chefs for details)
Obviously people who have problems with wheat and nuts and soya etc are the ones left out, but i know their used to it.
However i am willing to take this to a poll!

suddenly i like you!

suddenly?

Posted

Being liked by me is like winning the lottery - chances are 1 in 14million.

Posted

Obviously people who have problems with wheat and nuts and soya etc are the ones left out, but i know their used to it.

Not necessarily, i've volunteered to bring a few things, so if anyone does have specific dietry requirements
let it be known. I can cook around it, using alternatives.

Posted

Thats not really the point is it.

I just dont see why there should be limits to the food. Fair enough there are vegans and there will be meaty's there (why cant they be catered for?). I cant help but prefering the real thing :D . It's not exactly hard to say what food subtances are and aren't stuitable for various dietry requirements. I do it everyday in work.

You'l be amazed by the "i'm not eating that!!!" factor that the word vegan adds in some peoples eyes.

Posted

(why cant they be catered for?)

They were at the last one and the stall died on its arse :P

Posted

Obviously did not take in my point one bit.

Posted

I'm sure plenty of meat eaters were happy enough to eat vegan food at the last benefit.

Posted

I'm just being arsy because i hate vegan cheese. :D

Posted

I can supply inhuman quantities of olives both suitable and unsuitable for vegans

Posted

I can do lasagne or pasta, vegan cheese pizzas with various toppings and vanilla and blueberry muffins (made with no egg and soy milk).

Posted

I can do lasagne or pasta, vegan cheese pizzas with various toppings and vanilla and blueberry muffins (made with no egg and soy milk).

Adopt me, please! :D

Posted

ha ha too true

Posted

That guest was me... I'm house-trained and very nice.

Posted

ha ha your only saying that cos you wish it was you

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0