21 replies to this topic

#1 Chill

Chill

Straight Outta' Canton

• Working Class
  • PipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:28 PM

Running times and door times could be about the same as last time. Perhaps we could open a little later as we have less bands, which will give us a greater chance to get the sound monkeys in.
So maybe soundchecks at 1 pm and any load in like food, then doors at 2 ish, first band 2:30 ?

10:00 - 10:30 ish TAINT
9:15 - 9:45 BOOM IN THE DIAMOND INDUSTRY
8:30 - 9:00 JOHNNY MENTAL
7:45 - 8:15 THE DEATH OF HER MONEY
7:00 - 7:30 LONE PINE

Raffle/Break
(we can change over back line and have time to play with if we're over running time wise)

5:30 - 6:00 PILGER
4:45 - 5:15 TREND ABUSE
4:00 - 4:30 BLACKENED HEART SYNDROME
3:15 - 3:45 MY LITTLE MURDER
2:30 - 3:00 TWIST THE KNIFE

I know My Little Murder are going to play later, so adjust accordingly when you've sussed out the final running order.
As for food, as long as nothing is being cooked, kept warm, we should be alright, but I still have to double check with our Health and Safety officer.

I also need to discuss who can provide the backline, so I'll suss that out soon.

DT do you know what time you want to start in the middle bar, because we can leave a cd playing until someone turns up ?

#2 Art Vanderlay

Art Vanderlay

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:00 PM

hey chill! thanks for working out all that stuff for us:) much much appreciated as ever..

as you said we have less bands, then hows about squeezing one more on at the start? basically THE KEEP have a twenty five minute set, and they're absolutly dying to play the show, so if its possible, can we fit them into the day? if so, i'll stick them on first, and update the flyer t ofit your final lineup, then that should be int flyer wise. (i'll post the welsh one at the same time)

cheerS!
GHOST MICE + tbc - 9th Sept 2008 | Le Pub | FREE

Don't preach your structure of society, with your perverted ideas of reality. Your words like freedom and common cause, your words like hate, war and all is lost. I can't follow a man on a white horse whose means of control look to course. Tyranny is the real word, where voices and opinions are never heard. We all work in a working mass, under the control of the ruling class. The state relies on the working man who obeys the party and the fatherland, they all kneel to the party elite, all enslaved to the fascist.

#3 SqueakyHead

SqueakyHead

This is meant to hurt you...

• Middle Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:31 PM

Chill - great stuff!! :D I might start calling you St Chill... if that's ok with you? :)

Alex - we need to sit down and discuss line up etc tonight. Also, the flyer will need to be changed - new door time etc?
MUSIC EVENTS WALES

FIRWORKS / MAKE DO AND MEND / SAVE YOUR BREATH @ CLWB IFOR BACH, TUES 22nd MARCH
SET YOUR GOALS @ THE MILLENNIUM MUSIC HALL, MONDAY 23rd MAY

CLWB IFOR BACH - info and tickets
Ticketweb
Seetickets

#4 Chill

Chill

Straight Outta' Canton

• Working Class
  • PipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

I'm easy about another band, so we can bring everything forward/backwards half an hour, so if you want to revise the times, please do.
Food situation is go, but it may be an idea to to decide what your going to make/sell, so we can double check.
Drop me the flyer if you could when it's revised for the posters.

#5 White by Night

White by Night

Messiah

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:10 AM

DT do you know what time you want to start in the middle bar, because we can leave a cd playing until someone turns up ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I figured 2ish, so kicking out time is 10:30 yeah? No later?

#6 Chill

Chill

Straight Outta' Canton

• Working Class
  • PipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:43 PM

Yeah I'm sure that's what we'll go for, lots of topless gurning fools I hope, always entertaining ?

#7 SqueakyHead

SqueakyHead

• Middle Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:34 PM

I'm easy about another band, so we can bring everything forward/backwards half an hour, so if you want to revise the times, please do.
Food situation is go, but it may be an idea to to decide what your going to make/sell, so we can double check.
Drop me the flyer if you could when it's revised for the posters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, yes and yes!

Alex is on the case of editing the flyer...

As for the food - it's not going to be anything too adventurous! Mainly cakes, then some sandwiches, pasta, pizza (cold), and anything else anyone is willing to contribute - HINT HINT everybody HINT HINT! ;)
MUSIC EVENTS WALES

FIRWORKS / MAKE DO AND MEND / SAVE YOUR BREATH @ CLWB IFOR BACH, TUES 22nd MARCH

Ticketweb
Seetickets

#8 Art Vanderlay

Art Vanderlay

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:15 PM

behold the definitive line-up.. so no fucking around with it;)

Attached File  Benefitflyer.jpg   213.17KB   7 downloads

Don't preach your structure of society, with your perverted ideas of reality. Your words like freedom and common cause, your words like hate, war and all is lost. I can't follow a man on a white horse whose means of control look to course. Tyranny is the real word, where voices and opinions are never heard. We all work in a working mass, under the control of the ruling class. The state relies on the working man who obeys the party and the fatherland, they all kneel to the party elite, all enslaved to the fascist.

#9 Art Vanderlay

Art Vanderlay

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:21 PM

dont look here..editing flyer in progress

#10 JayX

JayX

twitter.com/chadmuskehound

• 1%er
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,131 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:20 AM

bum bunnau! :D :D :D

#11 Chill

Chill

Straight Outta' Canton

• Working Class
  • PipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:05 AM

Typical moaning reply from Chill after all your hard work
bum bunnau - pump punt
at the moment you have vegan food manger - stondin bwyd vegan (maybe)
Top one doesn't need to be translated as it's the name of the night.
Doors - drws
I cheat and don't put on stuff like which floor
Pawb MSF would do the by line.

In the past someone translated 14 + show, to free 14 yr olds at the bar, which may be appealing to some.

Thanks again for making the effort it keeps the powers that be off my back and the A0 posters will get done next week I think, so we'll get there in the end.

#12 SqueakyHead

SqueakyHead

• Middle Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:07 AM

Haha bum bunnau - that is quite funny! where did you get the translations from Alex? :) hehe

I hope you'll be able to change it easily enough?
MUSIC EVENTS WALES

Ticketweb
Seetickets

#13 Black By Day

Black By Day

Fuck NYC, bomb Yeovil!

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:51 AM

Why didn't you ask Chill? Or Me? Or anyone one here that speaks welsh?? Actually, I'm glad you didn't. "Vegan food manager" is hilarious!
"Come one come all to a beautiful show! It's gonna be awesome and...some other stuff! Dee-dee-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-doo-dee, some other musical stuff!"

#14 Art Vanderlay

Art Vanderlay

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:04 PM

fucking hell.. i went on a reputable looking translator website, so i assumed that they'd know the score.. oh well. as the english one is final now, i'll stick the correct welsh over the top of the english on that, save me having to use two different images.. sorry bout this! i guess i was in remedial welsh for a reason.

also, lyndsey, update your signature to the correct line-up:)

#15 SqueakyHead

SqueakyHead

• Middle Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:57 PM

Yes sir :)
MUSIC EVENTS WALES

Ticketweb
Seetickets

#16 JayX

JayX

twitter.com/chadmuskehound

• 1%er
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,131 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:06 PM

When you say translator website, do you mean just a robot script that does the work for you? Language simply doesn't work like that, they're good enough for working out what someone else is saying, just about.

Some guys in my French GCSE tried to do a piece of coursework using one.. the red pen nearly ran out!

#17 Black By Day

Black By Day

Fuck NYC, bomb Yeovil!

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:29 PM

How come our name is bigger than everyone elses?
"Come one come all to a beautiful show! It's gonna be awesome and...some other stuff! Dee-dee-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-doo-dee, some other musical stuff!"

#18 South of Devon

South of Devon

ooh eee ooh

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:20 PM

Because you draw in the emo girls? Wetter than the front row of a Boyzone concert.

#19 Black By Day

Black By Day

Fuck NYC, bomb Yeovil!

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:41 PM

Garan.

#20 Art Vanderlay

Art Vanderlay

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:32 PM

that and the fact i chose the wrong sized font, got generally fucked off with pritt-stick and couldnt be arsed to change it again:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users