96 replies to this topic

#41 Black By Day

Black By Day

Fuck NYC, bomb Yeovil!

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

But he couldn't say it about "Bangladeshi" could he, because "Bangladeshi" isn't a language, IDIOT!!!!!!
"Come one come all to a beautiful show! It's gonna be awesome and...some other stuff! Dee-dee-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-doo-dee, some other musical stuff!"

#42 White by Night

White by Night

Messiah

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

tell me, if he said 'Bangladeshi annoys the fuck out of me, it's shit', or any other language, what would you say? If you're gonna be all knee-jerk, at least be consistent. How come it's okay to diss the/Welsh?

RACIST SYMPATHISER!!!!

Surely it's ok for the Welsh to diss the Welsh isn't it?

#43 Alexander Supertramp

Alexander Supertramp

• Working Class
  • PipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:30 PM

Surely it's ok for the Welsh to diss the Welsh isn't it?

it's an italo-celta bashing hot potato gone mad

#44 Gareth

Gareth

Chaos and creativity go together. If you lose one percent of you

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:38 PM

Sorry Alex, you missed the boat son.

That was last weeks joke.

Oh well, theres always next time...

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. See, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it . . .

#45 Alexander Supertramp

Alexander Supertramp

• Working Class
  • PipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:46 PM

i thought i could make it an ongoing thing. how embarrassed am i?

#46 holdfast

holdfast

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,437 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:49 PM

Chest, well done for trying to alienate the only two people on here who actually like you, fucking hell the next monk dave or what?
Firstly where did Jay say "welsh annoys the fuck out of me" on this thread? He did not, and i bet the actual languge of Welsh does not annoy him, maybe the use or forced use of it does.
He is right, and especially in the Context of the thread that Welsh is almost useless, any revival we have seen has been pretty forced and well funded, we all know the S4C supposedly spends more money per Viewer than any other Television station in the world, Welsh is preserved as part of a national Identity and for the sake of history, the amount of people in Cardiff who have grown up without Welsh playing a significant role in there life is, i wager, pretty high. This not all i would like to say but i have not the time to post full essay and so my explanation may not be great.
Of course we all know anyone out east ain't proper Welsh anyway so it's not even our language.

#47 cjm

cjm

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

this 'cardiff' logo is practically identical to the logo for the now defunct virtual cardiff website.

and on the welsh language: it's part of our heritage and should be maintained as far as practical; although, when i was living with the parents and all i had was a portable telly, it was an absolute cunt having to wait several days to watch films on S4C that had already been aired on C4.

#48 holdfast

holdfast

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,437 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:23 PM

this 'cardiff' logo is practically identical to the logo for the now defunct virtual cardiff website.

and on the welsh language: it's part of our heritage and should be maintained as far as practical; although, when i was living with the parents and all i had was a portable telly, it was an absolute cunt having to wait several days to watch films on S4C that had already been aired on C4.

Great if you had both though.

#49 chi

chi

Opposite Octave Reaction

• Middle Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,230 posts
  • Interests:none that i know of.

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:09 PM

Great if you had both though.

atm i only get s4c.
Spider Kitten Gigs:

9th Aug @ The Moon, Cardiff, Loserpalooza IV
4th Sept @ The Fleece, Bristol w/ Yob, Pallbearer

Spider Kitten Facebook Kitten Kast # 216
all Spider Kitten music is free. Click HERE to visit our download page.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

#50 holdfast

holdfast

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,437 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:21 PM

atm i only get s4c.

Do you have digital/freeview?

#51 chi

chi

Opposite Octave Reaction

• Middle Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,230 posts
  • Interests:none that i know of.

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:36 PM

nope, the aerial signal is too weak for the freeview box. i've just stopped paying my license and unplugged the aerial now. i can watch most stuff i want online. it's the way forward.
Spider Kitten Gigs:

9th Aug @ The Moon, Cardiff, Loserpalooza IV
4th Sept @ The Fleece, Bristol w/ Yob, Pallbearer

Spider Kitten Facebook Kitten Kast # 216
all Spider Kitten music is free. Click HERE to visit our download page.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

#52 holdfast

holdfast

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,437 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:40 PM

where do you live? middle earth?

#53 Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

Advanced Member

• Middle Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,822 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

But he couldn't say it about "Bangladeshi" could he, because "Bangladeshi" isn't a language, IDIOT!!!!!!

my bad, bengali. hey i think your tea is ready, i hear your mummy calling.

Chest, well done for trying to alienate the only two people on here who actually like you, fucking hell the next monk dave or what?
Firstly where did Jay say "welsh annoys the fuck out of me" on this thread? He did not, and i bet the actual languge of Welsh does not annoy him, maybe the use or forced use of it does.
He is right, and especially in the Context of the thread that Welsh is almost useless, any revival we have seen has been pretty forced and well funded, we all know the S4C supposedly spends more money per Viewer than any other Television station in the world, Welsh is preserved as part of a national Identity and for the sake of history, the amount of people in Cardiff who have grown up without Welsh playing a significant role in there life is, i wager, pretty high. This not all i would like to say but i have not the time to post full essay and so my explanation may not be great.
Of course we all know anyone out east ain't proper Welsh anyway so it's not even our language.

thank god you didnt type an essay, that was long and boring enough. im sure Jay will take it on the chin. im not gonna go down the road of 'welsh forever' or whatever. but i will chalk the subject down as another typical day at the office of SWM. simple subject, beaten out, dragged through bushes, confused and patheticised. oh and a sprinkle of HoB's aimless indignation.

how far is the dissing of Welsh, by those in the country that wish to marginalise and/or banish it, from ethnic cleansing? maybe in decades to come you will have your chance to slaughter and rape those people in "out east ain't proper Welsh anyway so it's not even our language" (im not sure that sentence makes any sense anyway). fuck the welsh. what makes them so special?

#54 holdfast

holdfast

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,437 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:57 PM

my bad, bengali. hey i think your tea is ready, i hear your mummy calling.
thank god you didnt type an essay, that was long and boring enough. im sure Jay will take it on the chin. im not gonna go down the road of 'welsh forever' or whatever. but i will chalk the subject down as another typical day at the office of SWM. simple subject, beaten out, dragged through bushes, confused and patheticised. oh and a sprinkle of HoB's aimless indignation.

how far is the dissing of Welsh, by those in the country that wish to marginalise and/or banish it, from ethnic cleansing? maybe in decades to come you will have your chance to slaughter and rape those people in "out east ain't proper Welsh anyway so it's not even our language" (im not sure that sentence makes any sense anyway). fuck the welsh. what makes them so special?

totally missed the point of the post, missed the last sentence as a joke (that would make sense to many Welsh people) and missed that i have on numerous occasions defended the Welsh language and plan on learning it one day.

#55 Stitch Hessian

Stitch Hessian

• Working Class
  • PipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:01 PM

that's avagddu on the left.

What's in his bag?

My unfinished Scout Trooper get-up and my beard.
Creepy shut-in.

#56 Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

Advanced Member

• Middle Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,822 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:25 PM

totally missed the point of the post, missed the last sentence as a joke (that would make sense to many Welsh people) and missed that i have on numerous occasions defended the Welsh language and plan on learning it one day.

i dont do jokes. or funny. depression, misery and piety are my reasons for existence.

Posted Image

#57 Black By Day

Black By Day

Fuck NYC, bomb Yeovil!

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

Wow, killer burn man. I may still live at home, but at least I'm not a "backpacking man of the world" that invents languages. Good googling to discover Bengali. When you said "Bangladeshi", I thought you might have meant "Pakistani", or "Indiani".
"Come one come all to a beautiful show! It's gonna be awesome and...some other stuff! Dee-dee-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-doo-dee, some other musical stuff!"

#58 jod

jod

The candyman can...

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts
  • Interests:your mum.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:36 AM

Man, this thread was quite funny to begin with, now it's just shit.
T'n'A.

#59 Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

Advanced Member

• Middle Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,822 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:37 AM

http://www.internetisshit.org/

#60 Amusing Otter

Amusing Otter

Sapere Aude

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,294 posts
  • Interests:Killing cops and reading Kerouac.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

So by Rockwell's logic, Noam Chomsky's criticism of Zionism makes him an anti-semite. I love how Rockwell makes inflammatory posts then as soon as people jump on him about it reduces their entire opinion into this charicature of late-teen left-wing flirtation at the same time crying that we've charicatured his opinion into reactionary right-wing ignorance. Launching into Holdfast's post, calling it boring when he was just trying to articulate why a Welsh person could conceivably have a negative opinion of his own language is out of order, so are your repeated assaults at Hywel for living at home. The fact you get personal at the drop of a hat shows just how little faith you have in your own opinion.
There is no God and we are his prophets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users