14 replies to this topic

#1 Chainsaw Massacre

Chainsaw Massacre

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:14 AM

Here's the current total minus all costs - 100% to Unicef...

£1170

Pending a large DT donation and the sale of the rest of the shirts. Oh, and foregoing any of my shit mathematical skills.

I reckon that's killer, cuz last time, give or take, we made £1800, and this time I thought we'd be pushing it to get a grand... so if we can hit £1200, we've cleared 2/3 of what we did last time, and that's an excellent achievement.

Pat yourselves on the fucking back!

#2 MURPHY

MURPHY

murphy

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:28 AM

that's a nice amount, that should buy the kids in haiti a nice les paul.

#3 JayX

JayX

twitter.com/chadmuskehound

• 1%er
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,390 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:23 AM

just out of curious interest, how much was the income without taking off the costs?

#4 Chainsaw Massacre

Chainsaw Massacre

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:18 AM

It's too bloody complicated (yeah, I've nicked a few grand) :lol:

Add on... £155.25 we have to pay back to Pete Staunch for the shirts.
Add £40 that went to the doorman (the venue was free in the end).
And, oh yeah, I totally forgot...

Marcus of Poisoned Whiskey Records donated £100 to cover the P.A. and we totally forgot to put him on the sponsors list - so let me take this opportunity to thank him and apologise for not giving him any kind of recognition thus far whatsoever - doh.

Pilger refused to take any money (and actually donated an extra couple of quid).
Jets took £20 petrol.
The Elite needed £50 petrol, but sold £40's worth of stuff and were gonna donate it ALL, but we decided to call it quits, so we paid them nothing, and they used their takings to pay for the petrol.

I spent £35 in total, on flyer printing and all the band food, which I was owed. Of this I knocked off £10 for a shirt, £6 entry and £4 raffle tickets, totalling £20. So I had £15 back for printing.

Er, I think that's about it...

So as you can see, it's fairly impossible to come to an actual gross figure, and it doesn't really matter. What matters is what's left goes to Unicef, and our overheads were practically zero anyway when you think about it.

The totals are as follows...

DOOR - £798.00 (133 People - including local band members)
T-SHIRTS - £199.75 (£355 (29 @ £10 / 13 @ £5) Minus Cost Of £155.25)
RAFFLE TICKETS - £144.00
COMP. CD'S - £90.00 (30 Newest Industry CD's)
COLLECTION TINS - £13.54

TOTAL - £1245.29

Minus £40 For The Doorman
minus £20 For Jets Vs Sharks
Minus £15 For Flyer Printing

GRAND TOTAL - £1170.29

This is all pending a re-count when I bag it, so who knows, it could all be wrong. ;)

#5 JayX

JayX

twitter.com/chadmuskehound

• 1%er
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,390 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:58 AM

s'really good, they should be chuffed you managed to pull it off again. no reason not to do this on a regular basis really (altho obviously with a good few months in between.. )

#6 Tom Blackwood

Tom Blackwood

KICK IT!

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:24 PM

that's a nice amount, that should buy the kids in haiti a nice les paul.

Just about. Yeah, good amount. Well done! Glad we played for a good cause. Our drummer needs his stool and a stand back.

#7 __murphy_*_*

__murphy_*_*
  • Proletariat

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:46 AM

i think they're still in tj's, unless welly or monk or chris d picked them up. I didn't know what he wanted me to do with them. though he was going to collect them on the night.

#8 __murphy_*_*

__murphy_*_*
  • Proletariat

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:22 AM

Marcus of Poisoned Whiskey Records donated £100 to cover the P.A. and we totally forgot to put him on the sponsors list - so let me take this opportunity to thank him and apologise for not giving him any kind of recognition thus far whatsoever

fair play, that's amazing. nice one marcus ;)

#9 Chainsaw Massacre

Chainsaw Massacre

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:33 AM

So Murph - did you just leave them on the stage? I did an idiot check right before I left and the place was clear, so someone must have them.

OK, own up people - where's Stand Down's stool and stand?

Someone call TJ's first, and then we start working on band member's fingers ;)

#10 Hywel

Hywel

lol

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:27 AM

yo i talked to Chris and he said that he would make shure that they would be safe, i have to sort something out to get them back.

#11 __murphy_*_*

__murphy_*_*
  • Proletariat

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:28 AM

xhowiex chris who? from four letter word? i didn't know what to do with them so just left them in the corner for someone to collect.

#12 holdfast

holdfast

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:04 AM

Chris said that he weould look after them and that the kid who owns them needs to PM him, i was there, this was when the band where leaving.
so PM chris

#13 __Monk Dave_*_*

__Monk Dave_*_*
  • Proletariat

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:21 AM

We actually put an 11 pounds float in the tin, but as long as we get the tin back don't worry about the money! I have to say, that's a good amount, although I was rather disappointed we only sold 30 of those CD's, and not all 150 (that would have been an ace 450 quid). A lot of people didn't even come near the stalls, and that one fucking prick not only tried to steal drinks off our table, but tried to steal a CD as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to steal a shirt too, utter cock. How many shirts are left, it's a real shame they did not all go as I thought there was enough "I'll have one"s on here over the last few weeks... great day in all, glad we did it, just a bit of a shame that there were may faces who should have been there that weren't. I am off now to get over my two day coma.

#14 Chainsaw Massacre

Chainsaw Massacre

Advanced Member

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:50 AM

Oh yes, there were a few people who didn't turn up or buy a shirt, and yes, we could've made more, but what's done is done, and I think it went well.

I've recounted and bagged up, and there was five more than I previously thought, making the total £1175.29

#15 Mr. Cool

Mr. Cool

veen

• Working Class
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:45 AM

So Murph - did you just leave them on the stage? I did an idiot check right before I left and the place was clear, so someone must have them.

OK, own up people - where's Stand Down's stool and stand?

Someone call TJ's first, and then we start working on band member's fingers ;)

they were there right at the end. we were the last ones to leave so i got them. my number is 07970 430323. dean.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users