Top 5 Movies of all time

4 minutes ago, Rae said:

1. Jaws

I need to think about the rest.

I need to rewatch Jaws. It's the favourite film of a lot of my friends. I remember it being good, but not top 5 good. I'll see if it's on Netflix

3 hours ago, Chi said:

Top 6 because I couldn't narrow mine down to 5. 

1. Leaving Las Vegas

2. Reservoir Dogs

3. Magnolia

4. Smokey & The Bandit

5. Easy Rider

6. Being There

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot to put Withnail & I in there.

Ugh I hate doing this, because how I feel about movies is often based on when I saw them (nostalgia playing a big part). Unordered pick of 5 that I've given 5* to on letterboxd (which is 32 films out of 1,608 films, as I can be so incredibly stingy and my ratings probably make sense to nobody)

x. Dazed and Confused

x. City of God

x. Spinal Tap

x. Aliens

x. Whiplash

Some basic choices from a basic guy. Needs more shot in realtime Russian art movies. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chi said:

I need to rewatch Jaws. It's the favourite film of a lot of my friends. I remember it being good, but not top 5 good. I'll see if it's on Netflix

It was on there fairly recently. 

A top 5 would be difficult for me but I think maybe

1. Jaws. I can't even explain why I love it si much. I just do.

2. Full Metal Jacket (I only watched this properly fairly recently and I loved it)

3. Jurassic Park (nostalgia playing a big part here)

4. Hunt for the Wilderpeople

5. Pan's Labyrinth

You could probably stick something like Terminator 2 in there somewhere because I will happily watch it over and over and not get sick of it. My tastes aren't particularly highbrow. 

Edited by Rae
  • Like 1

Yeah T2 is my other big action movie that I usually list, it's just so good. Blew my mind as a kid watching it on Sky Movies after getting the all clear from my dad. Hadn't seen the first, so had to go and get a copy of that afterwards. That pretty much opened the floodgates of all the 80s Arnie movies and the like, most of which were getting ITV saturday night treatments at the time. Then going out and buying the VHS copies to see the 'uncut' (lol right) versions.

FMJ is my favourite war movie, and despite my love for it I'm pretty good at forgetting most of the details so whenever I watch it it still feels pretty fresh. I need to watch Pan's Labyrinth again, I haven't seen it since the cinema from memory. Need to find someone who hasn't seen it to watch with.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Yo_gav666 said:

3Arrival

Probably in the number 1 spot of the last decade.

Top 5 ever is fucking impossible so I'm just gonna throw out 5 that come to mind, cuz I'm not trying to spend all night thinking about something that would probably be different next week!

Inglorious Basterds

Whiplash

Arrival

La Haine

Royal Tenenbaums

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stillagoth said:

Stalker by Tarkovsky is my 6th place choice 😂

Either of you seen Russian Ark? That's what I thought Jay was getting at. A technical fucking miracle that film is. Not an enjoyable movie exactly, but a true one of a kind work of art. 

I’ve not, but I’ll check it out. 

The Royal Tenenbaums almost took the spot in place of Rushmore, but I think even though it’s technically a better movie, it doesn’t have quite as much charm. And it’s always going to have that link with American Nightmare for me, which is a bonus... 

1 hour ago, Rae said:

Oh, Arrival! I forgot Arrival. That would be in the top 10 for sure. I loved the score for it. 

I think the first thing I did when I got home from the cinema was download the soundtrack. Johann Johannsson. He dead now. 

17 hours ago, BlackHowl said:

Either of you seen Russian Ark? That's what I thought Jay was getting at. A technical fucking miracle that film is. Not an enjoyable movie exactly, but a true one of a kind work of art. 

Yeah Ark is what I was referring to. I've had a copy but never could bring myself to watch it. The story of how it was made was interesting though, and maybe one day I'll give it a shot. I have the first two DAU films which sound... I dunno. They sound something. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JayX said:

Yeah Ark is what I was referring to. I've had a copy but never could bring myself to watch it. The story of how it was made was interesting though, and maybe one day I'll give it a shot. I have the first two DAU films which sound... I dunno. They sound something. 

Put it this way, I've only watched the film twice but the making of documentary probably 5 times! It's breathtaking stuff. The balls on that guy to even attempt it. 

I love a good documentary that I can watch so many times. For me, the ultimate is Style Wars. Everytime I think I can just watch the first 10 minutes or so, but no. It's utterly perfect.

• 3 years later...

What is the most outrageous and jaw-dropping incident or event that has occurred since the last SWM gathering, leaving everyone in awe and disbelief? Share your wildest stories and let's see if anything can top them!

Slightly off topic :)

It so happened that my sister found an interesting man here, and recently got married ^_^
(Admin, don't troll!!!)

Is there are handsome people here! ;) I'm Maria, 28 years old.
I work as a model, successfull - I hope you do too! Although, if you are very good in bed, then you are out of the queue!)))
Like me here plz: http://everydating.org/profile/Lolitachash/ (if wife is around, don't click! :D)
By the way, there was no sex for a long time, it is very difficult to find a decent one...

And no! I am not a prostitute! I prefer harmonious, warm and reliable relationships. I cook deliciously and not only ;) I have a degree in marketing.

My photo:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/zhMSQpj/5489819-2-3.jpg[/img]

___
[i]Added[/i]

The photo is broken, sorry(((
My profile on dating app: http://everydating.org/profile/Lolitachash/
Or write to me in telegram @Lolitachash_best ( start chat with your photo!!!)