A band versus band thing from south Wales

2 hours ago, Tim "Mass Movement" Cundle said:

Or The Cowboy Killers, Douglas, Four Letter Word, Rectify and a cast a thousand other better bands than the ones on the "list"...

That's not fair now Tim, some of these bands existed for a good 6 months.

• Haha 2

It's almost as if a single person with a questionable taste in music and a myopic sense of what the South Wales "scene" was/is gave it about 25 seconds of thought. 

Was anyone else's curiosity piqued enough to have a look at what "young hollywood clothing" was? Spoiler alert, they're boring t-shirts for douchebags modelled by instagram whores. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, BlackHowl said:

Who would be the bands that SWM would recognise as belonging on such a "versus thing"?  We need 32 apparently. 

Of the ones they listed, I'll give a pass to FFAF, Ad 7, DDF and SBF. I think Funeral was the one band of that style that kinda crossed over, had members at some point/in former iterations that were more SWM-y. Other bands in that list I liked too, like Juniper etc, but feel we could fill out a bracket of the bands that were more active here.

Just from my dreadful memory of who was active when (and a list of tapes I have which helps), I'll submit The Arteries, Atomck, Bedford Falls, Captain Insano, Chains of Hate/Twist The Knife, The Cheapskates, Death of Her Money, Desecration, Dispatch, Douglas, Harbour, Ironclad, Night and the City, Of Noble Blood, Panel, Routine Check, Shootin' Goon, Spider Kitten, Taint, The Take, Thorun.

Rob, I'm sorry the name of your band is totally skipping my brain right now. As is probably the existence of about 10+ bands I really liked during this time.

2 hours ago, stillagoth said:

Well you were in about 16 yourself weren’t you!? 😘

Yeah. Better put them all in the same conference of the bracket so I definitely get to the finals..

Agree on FFAF. Don't like them in the least, but a couple of them did actually post on here at various points in time. Think you can safely add FTMO and The Keep to your list...

The Slow Dance? Human Race? Captain Insano? Peach Fuzz? Adam was very active on here. We need some gig posters to remind us of some bands.  What was Jon's band called? Freeze Up? Am I completely inventing that? 

46 minutes ago, BlackHowl said:

Yeah. Better put them all in the same conference of the bracket so I definitely get to the finals..

Agree on FFAF. Don't like them in the least, but a couple of them did actually post on here at various points in time. Think you can safely add FTMO and The Keep to your list...

The Slow Dance? Human Race? Captain Insano? Peach Fuzz? Adam was very active on here. We need some gig posters to remind us of some bands.  What was Jon's band called? Freeze Up? Am I completely inventing that? 

Yeah I was trying to find benefit gig listings as that would definitely include some from across the genres over a good few years. 

15 minutes ago, BlackHowl said:

Misuse? Weren't you in them??

I'll take it, as nothing else my mob were in would probably apply. Although Cici had a metal band before, and I'm struggling to remember the name of them.