• Erik Cowie

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we all know who the real Tiger King is, guys.

Better Call Saul is the best thing around atm. This season especially is better than Breaking Bad even. Bob Odenkirk is absolutely killing it. He's phenomenal.

Innit. That dry ski slope is especially shit.

Posted Images

That's in my next batch of shows to get through once I clear some current ones out, he soured me with the Chris Brown thing a bit but heard good things about the show.

UFC Fight Island is on Saturday, so I've reserved some beers and low expectations for that.

• Like 1

I went through The Next Generation recently, I had to use an episode guide for essential and must watch episode and skipped some shit ones. It was enjoyable though and I missed it when I finished so I have just started DS9.

Rewatched a few things over last 8 months or so, including Seinfeld, Friday Night Lights and Entourage.

I thought Entourage would not stand up to days moral standards but it’s actually not as bad as I thought, it’s especially as bad if you watch it as satire, which I’m sure it is anyway.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:46 PM, JayX said:

That's in my next batch of shows to get through once I clear some current ones out, he soured me with the Chris Brown thing a bit but heard good things about the show.

UFC Fight Island is on Saturday, so I've reserved some beers and low expectations for that.

Fight Island was great!

Watched all of Halt and Catch Fire recently. Loved it. 

34 minutes ago, Rae said:

Fight Island was great!

Watched all of Halt and Catch Fire recently. Loved it. 

I had it on from the beginning of the prelims at 6pm so I was burnt out by the time the main championship matches came on, I watched some of the Aldo one where the ref needs to be fired on the spot. The women's matches on the main card were both really good. I see there's a welsh dude on the prelim tomorrow so I'll stick that on for sure.

I loved Halt and Catch Fire, the cast in that show is just the absolute best. Made me laugh by the end of the show they pretty much invented everything in tech between about 5 of them. Silicon Valley was fun too, I finished watching that recently.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JayX said:

I had it on from the beginning of the prelims at 6pm so I was burnt out by the time the main championship matches came on, I watched some of the Aldo one where the ref needs to be fired on the spot. The women's matches on the main card were both really good. I see there's a welsh dude on the prelim tomorrow so I'll stick that on for sure.

I don't know what the deal was with the Aldo fight. Leon Roberts is a great referee normally so fuck knows what happened there.

Jack Shore tomorrow I think. He's good. It's only his second UFC fight but he was brilliant in his first one in September and was great when he fought in Cage Warriors.

Edited by Rae

Ha, yeah live MMA events are definitely a thing to enjoy for a multitude of reasons. I remember scoring a few tickets for Valley of Kings for doing a bit of promo on here. The main memory of the night was a dude coming out dressed as Inspector Gadget complete with a dubstep version of the theme, and promptly getting knocked out so hard he had to be wheelchaired off. 

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/9631-vok-1

Used to go to a few down in Cardiff Bay too, was tempted to go to Bare Knuckle Fight Club here a few months back until I found out it wasn't just a clever name and didn't really think I needed to see that.

Typically I got my times mixed up and missed the Shore fight the other day, I'll have to dig out a clip or find a replay.

• Like 1