Introduce Yourself

9 hours ago, holdfast said:

It was a group for arranging drinking sessions and discussing beer, you wouldn’t like it, absolutely no love for lager on there.

Now it's just a group for discussing Corona, so that just makes it doubly confusing.

• Like 1
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The site was completely started from scratch, so even if you had an old account you'll have to reregister!  I'm Jay. I started this nonsense back in 2002 then shut it down in 2012 or so as it was

Hey hey, it's ya boi. I joined the massive back in 2005 and I ended up making friends with most of the people I had flame wars with. My band, Spider Kitten are still going, about to put out our 31st (

Hey all, and welcome back SWM! I used to (not that frequently) post on here back then, mostly band stuff, stayed away from the politics haha! Used to play in Taint (bass) and for the oldies

Matt Cheap formerly of SHOOTIN GOON, THE CHEAPSKATES and GOOD CLEAN FUN RECORDS label & distro. Managed ADEQUATE SEVEN for a bit, spent a lot of time touring the toilet circuit around Europe before working in film and TV production for a while.  Played in a wedding band CAPITAL CITY SKA for 10 years and got paid more for the first gig than I ever did in the Goon.  Also formed THE BARRY HORNS brass band with other ex-Goons, Ad7 boys and a few others (Howl joined in as well) and did that for 7 years before knocking it on the head.

Living in Cardiff, still go to gigs though mostly in Bristol these days.  Scrape a living writing for film and TV and have a film called THE TOLL coming out at some point, but with Corona changing everything, I have no idea when.  Also I gave up drinking 8 years ago and 3 years later went vegan. 

It's good to be back.

Edited by Matt Cheap
  • Like 3

Excellent to see this back.

My handle was usually European Bob on the old SWM and I was a semi regular poster. Most people know me from unpopular but boozy punk band Terry and the Hipflasks.

Since SWM dissolved got married, qualified as a solicitor, two kids. 

Still boozing on weekends when I can get away with it.

Mainly created the profile to see if we can get some SWM sharks COD going again. And nostalgia. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Yo_gav666 said:

Mainly created the profile to see if we can get some SWM sharks COD going again. And nostalgia. 

Went 30 and 10, coming first in a free-for-all match a couple of days ago - couldn't fucking believe it! You on Xbox One? I'll be back on when the weather isn't so great.

12 hours ago, stillagoth said:

Cheaper than the expensive free from bourbons you used to buy. I’ve never forgotten that!

Must have been the posh vegan custard creams I found, I've never bought bourbons that weren't the cheapo 'vegan by default' versions from corner shops. 

5 minutes ago, Hooked Lung said:

Must have been the posh vegan custard creams I found, I've never bought bourbons that weren't the cheapo 'vegan by default' versions from corner shops. 

I feel like those white oreos are like a posh custard cream

On 4/10/2020 at 12:51 PM, Hooked Lung said:

Maybe I’m mis remembering then, but someone on here definitely used to buy the expensive as shit bourbons until Sam or Hywel were like “what are you doing ya prannet, the cheap ones are vegan!”.

Edited by stillagoth
On 4/11/2020 at 9:48 PM, stillagoth said:

Maybe I’m mis remembering then, but someone on here definitely used to buy the expensive as shit bourbons until Sam or Hywel were like “what are you doing ya prannet, the cheap ones are vegan!”.

I have no recollection of any of that, but the use of "prannet" in an anecdote involving either Sam or myself definitely lends it an air of credibility... 

• Like 1

Dave P.A. (Haven’t done any sound engineering for about a decade probably)

Was in DDF/Wraith & a few other things. Used to do sound in TJ’s & Le pub. 
Living in Cardiff / work as a civil servant nowadays following giving up on teching etc - currently working through all the job retention scheme stuff.. 

Nice to get an update on what you guys have been up to. 

• Like 1

Kai here - I was a very young, impressionable teenager when I was last around here. I was in some South Wales bands - Young Prisoners, Freeze Up, All Washed Up, Solutions (remember the Against Nick! furore, I'm about 90% sure he was on the New Years honours list for services to the Home Office - but he went through some serious shit at the time. I see him sometimes and he's a top gent) and then Goodtime Boys. I left, became a German teacher, lived in the South East for a while and taught at a grammar school, aaand now I live in Berlin with my lovely Californian wife and teach English and German. I have a band still, called Rope - have a listen if you feel so inclined. Sort of sounds like Codeine or Karate or something, maybe with some Nick Cave or something for good measure. I don't know.

https://holyroarrecords.bandcamp.com/album/come-closer-now

Safe one guys! 

• Like 1
On 4/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, Yo_gav666 said:

PS4 Dave. But it's cross platform isn't it? Don't know how that works tho. 

Excellent hopefully shoot /be shot by kids soon 

Gav, i spotted you on there last night, will get involved soon!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Same user name as before and still called Lloyd.. Older fatter married and now with a son.

Not involved in bands as I'm now working for Citizens Advice, Moved out of Beddau to Llantwit Major (slightly posher)

Good to see the revival of this site! Still hoping for some full on internet beef! Better than the local smackheads on facebook provide!