Introduce Yourself

The site was completely started from scratch, so even if you had an old account you'll have to reregister! 

I'm Jay. I started this nonsense back in 2002 then shut it down in 2012 or so as it was a losing battle against Facebook and other social media. Well guess who's back, baby. It only took the threat of millions getting sick and not being able to leave the house for the corona virus of websites to return.

Since the site went on hiatus I moved from Cardiff to South Florida, got married, bought a house, adopted a dog, lost my wife to illness, lost my dog to illness. It's been busy we shall say.

If you were on the old site, pipe up and you'll get the sick OG tag that only 95% of the people who'll ever sign up here will have.

• Like 9
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The site was completely started from scratch, so even if you had an old account you'll have to reregister!  I'm Jay. I started this nonsense back in 2002 then shut it down in 2012 or so as it was

Hey hey, it's ya boi. I joined the massive back in 2005 and I ended up making friends with most of the people I had flame wars with. My band, Spider Kitten are still going, about to put out our 31st (

Hey all, and welcome back SWM! I used to (not that frequently) post on here back then, mostly band stuff, stayed away from the politics haha! Used to play in Taint (bass) and for the oldies

Oh hi. Guess who married an SWM member and bought a house with them. Otherwise I’ve got more liberal and insufferable over time. Ready to get back to arguing with members of Shaped By Fate on the internet 

• Haha 2

Can't remember what my old username was back in the mid 00s.  From Newry, Northern Ireland - more of a lurker in those days. 

Got into hardcore through Mighty Atom Recs (Between Order & Model +  The Fire In Which The Heart Resides in particular) and the early-mid 00s UK scene as a teen.  Moved to Plymouth for university nearly a decade ago probably because of those bands and moved to Belfast four years ago to be closer to my family.  Huge affinity for the South West of England and South Wales still.  Was lucky to experience some amazing shows down in Cornwall, Devon and a couple in Cardiff.  Never got to experience Newport sadly.

Loved the content then - never got to hear the unreleased Dignity Dies First album though!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SørenKierkegaard said:

Loved the content then - never got to hear the unreleased Dignity Dies First album though!

Someone speak to Nic and see if he'll let us send copies to people showing receipts of charity donations or something.

6 minutes ago, Lucy said:

Oh hi. Guess who married an SWM member and bought a house with them. Otherwise I’ve got more liberal and insufferable over time. Ready to get back to arguing with members of Shaped By Fate on the internet 

Oh yeah I'm definitely worse than ever for sure. Liberal here is more synonymous with centralism, and I'm ready to burn down the DNC unless they given my man Bernie a go.

• Like 2

Hey hey, it's ya boi. I joined the massive back in 2005 and I ended up making friends with most of the people I had flame wars with. My band, Spider Kitten are still going, about to put out our 31st (?) release. I am considerably more chill than I was 15 years ago, but I still feel the same way about metalcore.

Edited by Chi
Typo
  • Like 5

Hopefully I’m less of a dickhead these days...

I, like a good 60% of hardcore kids approaching 30, decided after a string of shitty office jobs I’d like to draw on people... I guess I’m OK at it. 

Been living in Plymouth for about 8 years and have 2 children with my fiancé, 2 cats and a house. Life is good.

Still vegan! 

Edited by stillagoth
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, stillagoth said:

Hopefully I’m less of a dickhead these days...

I, like a good 60% of hardcore kids approaching 30, decided after a string of shitty office jobs I’d like to draw on people... I guess I’m OK at it. 

Been living in Plymouth for about 8 years and have 2 children with my fiancé, 2 cats and a house. Life is good.

Still vegan! 

Greebo. ❤️

I probably wouldn't have met you if it wasn't for South Wales hardcore haha.

Edited by SørenKierkegaard

Hi! I started posting on here when I was 16/17 I think. 35 this year... 🤯

Made lots of friends on here, witnessed a lot of pointless arguments, went to many shows, put on a few, had a zine, married Phil from Elsid. Now we're seperated but we're best friends so it's OK. I live with my sister (Squeakyhead aka Lyndsey) and he lives with Howl, who I met on SWM.

• Like 4

Hey all, and welcome back SWM!

I used to (not that frequently) post on here back then, mostly band stuff, stayed away from the politics haha!

Used to play in Taint (bass) and for the oldies that remember Disco Assassins and Diabolo. Still play in Spider Kitten (drums and occasionally bass) plus since SWMarmageddon l picked up guitar and formed Made Of Teeth with the bassist from Spider kitten (who plays drums in MoT) and the bassist from Lacertilia, 2 releases to date and album #3 on the way! 

• Like 5

Older, not much wiser but less inclined to suffer fools gladly. Still making a rod for my own back with Mass Movement, did the band thing for a while again with AxTxOxTx, wrote for Doctor Who Magazine for a bit, finally got a publishing deal meaning that there's at least seven books on the way and started doing the podcasting thing with Chris (Andrews).

Also discovered that, despite my punk rock protestations to the contrary when I was younger, I do want the finer things in life. Apart from that, it's business as normal, which means days filled with being a stay at home dad, comics, film, genre literature, punk rock, books about the history of Disney, professional wrestling, ice hockey, D&D and a ridiculous obsession with retro geek culture. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Tim "Mass Movement" Cundle said:

Older, not much wiser but less inclined to suffer fools gladly. Still making a rod for my own back with Mass Movement, did the band thing for a while again with AxTxOxTx, wrote for Doctor Who Magazine for a bit, finally got a publishing deal meaning that there's at least seven books on the way and started doing the podcasting thing with Chris (Andrews).

Also discovered that, despite my punk rock protestations to the contrary when I was younger, I do want the finer things in life. Apart from that, it's business as normal, which means days filled with being a stay at home dad, comics, film, genre literature, punk rock, books about the history of Disney, professional wrestling, ice hockey, D&D and a ridiculous obsession with retro geek culture. 

Dungeonpunx, unite!

• Like 1

Hey guys, 

Ash here, my old handle was "cocco" if memory serves. Since the old days I've got married, got divorced, bought a house, sold it, bought another house, got a dog, got a snake, got some cats, grown a better beard that before, gone bald and started an OU degree in environmental science. 

I still play bass, currently in Good Morning Vietnam. Other interests include ice hockey, craft beer and cooking. 

• Like 2

I was just thinking to myself the other day how SWM might be if it was back. 

I'm Rae, think I joined here originally aound 2005? Met MonkDave666 in 2007, married him in 2012, been married 8 years next month. Who saw that coming huh? 

Still live in Cardiff. Still have cats. Still a bit awkward. I'd sell my soul for a decent coffee at this point and I can't wait to see people's lovely faces again. 

• Like 3

As someone who completely ditched Facebook on NYE last year (sick of everything from Brexit to a family member's ridiculous opinions) it's actually good to see this back, especially considering everyone on the planet is on lockdown.

I have been enjoying a kind of "mini" SWM in a Whatsapp group for a few years with Rae, DT, Chris and Andi and Holdfast but those guys still bully me relentlessly, so it'll be nice to see some old / new faces!

Currently sat next to Rae in our home office. I've been working in from home in the same job for almost 12 years now, so the lockdown doesn't feel like that much of a big deal tbh, but obviously it's very different for others. I'm also gonna be 46 this year, so far, far too old to argue with anyone lol.

• Like 4

How timely. I swear I was trying to look back on some of the old and gold threads just a couple weeks ago for some nostalgic mirth. Was gutted to see it was all gone. 

I’m Hywel (of Bullets), and xhywelx before that. I guess SWM’s falling by the wayside coincided the beginnings of my career as a pencil pushing civil servant. Which I’m still doing in the health department of WG, currently embroiled in this Covid shit, so there’s really no escape from it. 

I was in all the bands back in the day and then hit 30 and thought “fuck that, I ain’t trying to be no old man in a rock band”. Then Adam Wrench tricked me into being in Haast’s Eagled (now HAAST) and I’m loving it again TBH. 40 is my new Alamo line...

Looking forward to the inevitable arguments with Rockwell (who I see at all the gigs I occasionally attend, and is a real life sweet heart).

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Rae said:

I was just thinking to myself the other day how SWM might be if it was back. 

2 hours ago, BlackHowl said:

How timely. I swear I was trying to look back on some of the old and gold threads just a couple weeks ago for some nostalgic mirth. Was gutted to see it was all gone. 

Yeah a few years ago I realised that maintaining a site that was so, so utterly broken due to years of abuse and bad fixes just wasn't working anymore and all the good stuff was kinda unreadable by that point. I have it backed up at least. In late 2018 it was discussed briefly about bringing it back, so I wiped the slate and installed the forum again but then real life started taking a dive and it petered out. Hence there's a few threads from back then that never really went anywhere. Whenever anything big has happened, there's always been a 'I wonder what the thread about this would be like' discussion though, so hey. It's like a school reunion that you get excited about that will inevitably sour again.

10 hours ago, MonkDave666 said:

I have been enjoying a kind of "mini" SWM in a Whatsapp group for a few years with Rae, DT, Chris and Andi and Holdfast but those guys still bully me relentlessly, so it'll be nice to see some old / new faces!

Oh, I see how it is! 😉

2 hours ago, BlackHowl said:

I guess SWM’s falling by the wayside coincided the beginnings of my career as a pencil pushing civil servant. Which I’m still doing in the health department of WG, currently embroiled in this Covid shit, so there’s really no escape from it.

Same, but for ONS. Hectic.

4 hours ago, BlackHowl said:

I used to go on there quite a bit and read old threads, it was rather sad of me really.

I asked jayx if there was some kind of bot program that would use all the past posts to continue posting, like a shit Black Mirror kind of thing.

2 hours ago, JayX said:

Oh, I see how it is! 😉

It was a group for arranging drinking sessions and discussing beer, you wouldn’t like it, absolutely no love for lager on there.